I’m nervous...

So I gotta go to the doctor today for a wellness checkup and I might need a booster shot but I’m terrified of needles and I just got a iPhone X and my mom said if I act bad I lose my new phone wish me luck guys
talk to your psychologist, this is a forum about rockets. One way to not be afraid of needles, is to not think about it, and distract yourself, don't even remember that you are going to be shot by a needle.

@8bitCosmonaut, read the whole thread, don't just be rude to people. Around here we treat each other respectfully.
I don't think he was trying to be rude except the psychologist part.
The distraction part is very true
When I was taking vaccines in school the people would distract you conversation
You'd barely notice the shot

T

TtTOtW

That's unfortunate. But that's why I don't just let trouble brew silently until a monster suddenly emerges and becomes the new normal. I'm the local warning sign. And I'm fine with that.

That's unfortunate. But that's why I don't just let trouble brew silently until a monster suddenly emerges and becomes the new normal. I'm the local warning sign. And I'm fine with that.
Not all arguments are bad I learned quite a bit
But calm discussion is better

T

TtTOtW

talk to your psychologist, this is a forum about rockets.
It is likely to be interpreted negatively by almost anybody. And psychologists charge you tons of money to tell you what you already know. So he's scared of needles. Done. Now, for around 6000 years people dealt with their fears just fine. But these days every feeling equates to some mental disease. That's just ridiculous. And imagine, we create REAL psychos because we give people recognition for their deviation rather than deal with them as mad. But normal people must pay to be told they're off their rockers.

It is likely to be interpreted negatively by almost anybody. And psychologists charge you tons of money to tell you what you already know. So he's scared of needles. Done. Now, for around 6000 years people dealt with their fears just fine. But these days every feeling equates to some mental disease. That's just ridiculous. And imagine, we create REAL psychos because we give people recognition for their deviation rather than deal with them as mad. But normal people must pay to be told they're off their rockers.
No no not that psychologist, I'm talking about those free helplines that you can find on newspapers who you can call to talk about your troubles, you know somewhere to unload your emotional baggage. I use it all the time to relieve my work stress.

E

Earlmilly1

Yeah even worse was at the time our bedroom was being remodeled so I had to sleep upstairs
I lived in CA upstairs with no AC… for like 5 years.
o o f
And hear rises (duh)
It was always around 100 degrees. Even night. And winter

T

TtTOtW

No no not that psychologist, I'm talking about those free helplines that you can find on newspapers who you can call to talk about your troubles, you know somewhere to unload your emotional baggage. I use it all the time to relieve my work stress.
Oh, lol... Well in that case... Anyway, despite the interesting start to our communication, welcome to the forum. It's a nice place to be.

T

TtTOtW

It's OK, we've all said things worthy of an apology, myself included. That's how we learn to not just run our mouth :)

Matt

Registered
If it helps, I'm afraid of injections too. Remember, the fear is far worse than the shot. Relax as much as you can. It will be over soon enough. I ended up giving blood a few times to try and get over the fear. I'm still funny about injections, but I can deal with it better.