Ideas for future updates.

Ok ladies, now it's my turn to shine, here are some design examples and their functionalitys, I'm sorry that I don't have Photoshop.

No 1: fuselage with Windows
15703723270086826694374815333457.jpg

This would be used as a space station part or a big ass rover. They can be capped off using one of to caps ( the smaller end is as wide as a small docking port ). The observatory with Windows can double up as a capsule/ probe so you don't have to attach anything else to control it. The windows emit light.

No 2:
15703726724136270899907394404911.jpg

These are antennas that can be put on your craft. The color scheme can obviously change. This would mabey be used for flying probes around from a separate craft but what I'm really thinking is that you can only use capsule/ probes in space if an antenna Is attached. Besides, they look cool.

No 3:
15703730205206731926757357631709.jpg

These are flash lites and LEDs . Their more for asthetics + you can try to wright something with LEDs like
MR BLUESKY.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Another thing I would appreciate is to change the way SFS saves our progress, so we can load larger quicksave files (sorry Lieutenant Snakestrike)

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Okay, I have another idea... I don't know if it will be possible for me to explain it, but I will try...

Let's say I want some few tedious and repetitive tasks automated... Like the resupply of space station, or a regular touristic line, or something like that...

I wonder if it will be possible, after doing the mission once for yourself, that the game records this flight, so there will be something like a bot, that repeats the same mission as many times as necessary... We will have bot ships wandering across the system...

Or course, these spacecrafts can only be launched if the launchpad is not occupied, and or course, that will consume additional RAM, so I don't know if will be possible to implement it, but probably will make a nice feature to have more than one ship traveling through space.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Okay, I have another idea... I don't know if it will be possible for me to explain it, but I will try...

Let's say I want some few tedious and repetitive tasks automated... Like the resupply of space station, or a regular touristic line, or something like that...

I wonder if it will be possible, after doing the mission once for yourself, that the game records this flight, so there will be something like a bot, that repeats the same mission as many times as necessary... We will have bot ships wandering across the system...

Or course, these spacecrafts can only be launched if the launchpad is not occupied, and or course, that will consume additional RAM, so I don't know if will be possible to implement it, but probably will make a nice feature to have more than one ship traveling through space.
Part of the fun is seeing how many missions you can run simultaneously. My record is 8 missions to Mars during one transfer window.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Ok ladies, now it's my turn to shine, here are some design examples and their functionalitys, I'm sorry that I don't have Photoshop.

No 1: fuselage with Windows
View attachment 27853

This would be used as a space station part or a big ass rover. They can be capped off using one of to caps ( the smaller end is as wide as a small docking port ). The observatory with Windows can double up as a capsule/ probe so you don't have to attach anything else to control it. The windows emit light.

No 2: View attachment 27854
These are antennas that can be put on your craft. The color scheme can obviously change. This would mabey be used for flying probes around from a separate craft but what I'm really thinking is that you can only use capsule/ probes in space if an antenna Is attached. Besides, they look cool.

No 3: View attachment 27855
These are flash lites and LEDs . Their more for asthetics + you can try to wright something with LEDs like
MR BLUESKY.
I like the coupola design. Definitely hope it is added to the game someday!

The idea sounds cool, but Stef might not have the brain capacity, and patience, to create this idea. And this could cause him to become severely discouraged.

and it would require transfer and docking calculations to be run for EVERY auto-mission. That's a lag creator itself, not to mention the freakishly big stations we all build (or will be building)

T

TtTOtW

The idea sounds cool, but Stef might not have the brain capacity, and patience, to create this idea. And this could cause him to become severely discouraged.
You underestimate Stef so bad... the phones will fail before Stef does.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
So, viewing the success the "Lag Generator" had I've decided to continue with my series of Lunatic ideas!

So, here's this one: How about to add real scientific equipment to the game? You know, like spectometers, magnetometers, thermometers, whatevertometers, and stuff like that. If I remember correctly it was planned at some moment on the past, so....

Another one: The current wheels can't move heavy payloads. We need new wheels, but not faster wheels, but wheels with greater torque, so we can move heavier payloads with them.

In my opinion the problem with SFS right now is that there is nothing to do. There is anything to interact with on the planets and it becomes boring to visit the planets at some point. What i want in SFS ? I want science experiments. Orbital science, surface science and so on.

T

The Dark in the Light

In my opinion the problem with SFS right now is that there is nothing to do. There is anything to interact with on the planets and it becomes boring to visit the planets at some point. What i want in SFS ? I want science experiments. Orbital science, surface science and so on.
I think there is so much to do. Build bases, explore the planet via rover. Do you play KSP?

I cant be the only one who asks for this right? I mean i don't see this suggestion no where