Ladies and gentleman, the first (legal) 1.4 mod.

Space pilot

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I have its full version.
I was playing SFS.
Game directly stopped and then I opened it again. I saw my game directly transferred into free version.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I have its full version.
I was playing SFS.
Game directly stopped and then I opened it again. I saw my game directly transferred into free version.
You mean you lost the expansion?

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
soon we will be like sad 1.5 noises since we wont beable to use it

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Well they made a LEGAL mod for 1.4. I think they can do it for 1.5
What made the mod legal is the fact that it didn't allow to bypass the purchase, but the code was accessible. In this case this is different, Stef obfuscated the code so it can't be modified. A mod could still be legal, but you have to find a way to make it!

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Stef implemented anti-piracy measures into the game that make modding impossible on the mobile version. It'll be possible on the Steam version iirc since there is no full version purchase.
You might also notice there's a sub forum called "Authorized Game Mods"

T

TtTOtW

You might also notice there's a sub forum called "Authorized Game Mods"
Yes, this is in fact a) in anticipation of when it starts to come out, and b) an effort to guide players away from mods that ruin the game, legal or not.

Space pilot

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
So I've been wondering for a long time why people kept saying "Modding 1.4 is impossible." I decided to try it myself, and it literally took me 15 minutes to get the tools needed and mod the game. Anyways, onto the actual mod.

SFS1.4 - BP editor mod.apk

This mod allows for stacking parts and rotating them now rotates in multiples of 15° rather than 90. It's the closest you could easily get to an in-game BP editor.
Update: Mod updated to allow parts to move in increments of 0.1 instead of 0.5

Instructions:
•Backup all your saves and uninstall SFS
•Download and install the new version of SFS
•Restore your backed up files

And that's it!

I plan on adding more stuff to the mod, but I'm really not the best at C#. If you'd like to make suggestions that are reasonably doable, you can post them in replies I guess.
(Note:

I was going to post this in the modding section, but this does not belong in the mod loader category as it is just a replacement APK. Also, I'm aware someone already did this, but my version is not piracy.)
Hay when you will make 1.5 Mod ?:D