Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
altering the looks is fine, but the fact that some guys can alter performance and other can not... that is what is unfair.
You see, we stretch ONLY to make it look realistic. If the extra performance is cancelled out, then how is it cheating? It performs exactly the same as if it had two engines that are twice as small, but looks more like the real thing. And you're saying it's unfair against the IOS users. But they can't bp edit, quite a few replicas were approved that used bp editing. So, are they also unfair compared to IOS users? You are saying it's unfair that we can alter performance. Yes, we can, but we aren't actually doing it, the performance is the same, but looks are beter.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
You know it’s really annoying that after all we’ve worked for the forum, fixing all the mess the hacker did, deleting the likes of almost 2000 users one by one and implementing the new ranking system, working on the permission, working all the features, the badges, creating these threads that explain everything in detail, with the sole purpose of keeping the forum clean, to keep it a nice community of real experts, to keep it the best of the SFS communities and still PEOPLE ARE STILL TRYING TO RANK UP THE EASY WAY.

But, you know what, you guys do whatever you want, don’t ask me anything else. Go ahead and fill up the forum with cheats.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
You know it’s really annoying that after all we’ve worked for the forum, fixing all the mess the hacker did, deleting the likes of almost 2000 users one by one and implementing the new ranking system, working on the permission, working all the features, the badges, creating these threads that explain everything in detail, with the sole purpose of keeping the forum clean, to keep it a nice community of real experts, to keep it the best of the SFS communities and still PEOPLE ARE STILL TRYING TO RANK UP THE EASY WAY.

But, you know what, you guys do whatever you want, don’t ask me anything else. Go ahead and fill up the forum with cheats.
Look, Blazer I respect you, however I believe you are getting more worked up than you need to about this. What Horus and Marm are saying isn’t to allow cheats to the forum, just to allow people to take full advantage of their options. As an iOS player, I can safely say that allowing Android users to stretch engines for this one challenge doesn’t make me feel like we are at a disadvantage. Remember, all of these challenges can still be completed on both operating systems. I’ve always been pushing the notion that iOS players shouldn’t feel disadvantaged due to some of the limitations that we are under. Stretching engines for everything across the board on the forum isn’t the way to go, it isn’t the way (obviously), but for this challenge stretched engines don’t have any effect on making a 1:1 build.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Look, I'm not encouraging to use stretching. But in some situations, it is the best option. Honestly, replicas are probably the only scenario in which stretching is acceptable. I also really appreciate all the work you guys did here. And we aren't stretching to make it easier or faster. The goal is to make it as close to the original as possible. Cheating is getting what you want in a dishonest way. I want to make this clear: We are not using stretched engines to increase our performance or to make it easier. The only reason for using them is realism. TtTOtW used them in his saturn 5, then added the neccesary ballast. Why? Not because it was easier than adding a few more titans, cause it wasn't. It was to make it as realistic as possible.

Alecs

Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I did the 3 challenges for team hawk but still unqualified . Don't know why

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
It’s possible the mods missed it. Hopefully someone will see this and check!

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
As an iOS player, I can safely say that allowing Android users to stretch engines for this one challenge doesn’t make me feel like we are at a disadvantage.
If anything, it allows the rest of us to try and get close to what you're building recreation wise.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
If anything, it allows the rest of us to try and get close to what you're building recreation wise.
Haha thanks! To me the handicap (if you even want to call it that) pushes me to ultimately be more creative in a sense. It’s similar to my builds for our faction as I try to use as few clipped parts as possible (that way we have an actual chance at being able to recreate it).

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Not exactly. You did the shuttle and heavy lifting challenges, yes and you got your badges.

But unfortunately we have to disqualify your Mercury entrance because you used your own rocket, not the supplied quicksave. We also had to disqualify your Jovian mission because you damaged the capsule, and the rules specify no damage. You haven’t made any other entry, so...

Alecs

Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Not exactly. You did the shuttle and heavy lifting challenges, yes and you got your badges.

But unfortunately we have to disqualify your Mercury entrance because you used your own rocket, not the supplied quicksave. We also had to disqualify your Jovian mission because you damaged the capsule, and the rules specify no damage. You haven’t made any other entry, so...
Thank you for clearing it out

So now all I have to do is jovian challenge again and might qualify?

Searcher Space Agency

Scientific Exploration Missions
Fly me to the Moon
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
We dont have jupiter in 1.35.That means I have to do all flyby if I wanna do that challenge right?

Searcher Space Agency

Scientific Exploration Missions
Fly me to the Moon
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
well its hard unless you know how to make multiple gravity assists in 1 ship.
is this mission has 1 grid limit?

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Got it.Does this mission has 1 grid limitation?
No. Same as with the Jove mission. There's no restrictions on how big you make it, you just have to get there and back without breaking anything.

Do you think I did my mission single build screen...?

T

TtTOtW

The brief is: plan and execute the mission successfully. With the emphasis on the actual need for planning.