Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
This is the new ranks system, hopefully it's permanent.
EDIT: lol i didn't see TtTOtW's message, he wrote it 5 secs before me.

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Obviously it will be permanent Cuz it is a rank not time limited challenges, the pros of setting up those ranks can encourage those players to get more badges

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Wait what is LEO? Leave Earth Orbit or Lunar Escape Orbit?
Ok so it took me a while to set up. Here are the basic requirements:

Team RCS:
- Register an account.

Team Titan:
- Single launch Lunar landing and safe landing back on Earth, cheat free and damage free.

Team Frontier:
- Build a 1:1 replica of a real rocket/shuttle, subject to approval by Gecko Gekkota or an appointed stand-in for this purpose.
- Do a Mars return trip with landing, on same terms as Team Titan requirements.
- Build a complete space station cheat free in LEO constructed from at least 4 separately launched parts. Complete means it has solar panels, hab, an escape craft, separate docking area for arriving spacecraft and the ability to change its own orbit without the help of the escape craft or any docked spacecraft.

Team Hawk: (any 3 will qualify you)
- Build a fully reusable spacecraft. All parts must be recovered, reattached refuelled, reloaded with a new payload and relaunched to orbit from the launchpad on Earth.
- Build a shuttle approved by TtTOtW or Blazer.
- Build a rocket that can deliver 600t to orbit untouched, within the normal DLC build grid (including payload). Base game players 200t.
- Perform a damage free Mercury landing with the supplied quicksave. No other craft may be launched.
- Plan and execute a mission to any Jovian moon, land on it, and return to Earth undamaged. For base game players, plan a flyby of all planets and moon's, and execute it with a final Earth landing.

Every task adds or enhanced some sort of forum permission or perk. The remaining teams will be expanded upon in the following post.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I'm making an energia-polyus (or energia-buran, haven't decided) for my replica. Anyway, I have a prototype energia done.

So, before I go further, I'd like to know if it will never be accepted as a replica if it doesn't have droppable boosters? If it must have droppable boosters, I guess I can do a different rocket instead. :)

T

TtTOtW

Honestly, in my personal opinion, that would be near impossible to achieve, so if it was up to me I would accept such an entry.

Team RCS:
- Register an account.

Team Titan:
- Single launch Lunar landing and safe landing back on Earth, cheat free and damage free.

Team Frontier:
- Build a 1:1 replica of a real rocket/shuttle, subject to approval by Gecko Gekkota or an appointed stand-in for this purpose.
- Build a complete space station cheat free in LEO constructed from at least 4 separately launched parts. Complete means it has solar panels, hab, an escape craft, separate docking area for arriving spacecraft and the ability to change its own orbit without the help of the escape craft or any docked spacecraft.

- Build a fully reusable spacecraft. All parts must be recovered, reattached refuelled, reloaded with a new payload and relaunched to orbit from the launchpad on Earth.
- Build a rocket that can deliver 600t to orbit untouched, within the normal DLC build grid (including payload). Base game players 200t.
- Perform a damage free Mercury landing with the supplied quicksave. No other craft may be launched.
- Plan and execute a mission to any Jovian moon, land on it, and return to Earth undamaged. For base game players, plan a flyby of all planets and moon's, and execute it with a final Earth landing.

Every task adds or enhanced some sort of forum permission or perk. The remaining teams will be expanded upon in the following post.
what is a jovian moonßß???

Vovxb

Registered

Team RCS:
- Register an account.

Team Titan:

Team Frontier:

can we use time acceleration

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
How is it a cheat, if its a built into the game feature...?

Why would you not be able to use it? We're not doing speed runs. Hell, even a lunar mission would take about a week to complete if you weren't allowed to time warp.

Alecs

Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Doing only 3 challenges in team hawk should qualify right?