Project Cerberus

USAA

Man on the Moon
Registered
Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 2.24.42 PM.png

Project Cerberus

Project Cerberus is a multi-step space project inspired by the Apollo program run by NASA. It will consist of making the Cerberus rocket, testing it in orbit, and making it to the moon with a small rover, and then manned missions.

Anyways, I need some help with this. I have a design ready, but it's basic and bland. I need some help reaching the Moon.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
View attachment 58094
Project Cerberus

Project Cerberus is a multi-step space project inspired by the Apollo program run by NASA. It will consist of making the Cerberus rocket, testing it in orbit, and making it to the moon with a small rover, and then manned missions.

Anyways, I need some help with this. I have a design ready, but it's basic and bland. I need some help reaching the Moon.
I'll help

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Well, if I can find the design, I can take a picture and attach it. It's a design that's similar to another line of rockets I have.
I have some rockets that can reach the moon
Screenshot_20210217-113730.png
here is one it's the JR-IV

USAA

Man on the Moon
Registered
I have some rockets that can reach the moon View attachment 58096 here is one it's the JR-IV
I also looked at Altair's Delta V chart, but I'm confused.

Also, nice rocket, can you show me the blueprints for it and maybe another one or two? I'm not going to use them, but I think taking a look at them and getting an idea of their specs can give me a better idea of a rocket to build.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I also looked at Altair's Delta V chart, but I'm confused.

Also, nice rocket, can you show me the blueprints for it and maybe another one or two? I'm not going to use them, but I think taking a look at them and getting an idea of their specs can give me a better idea of a rocket to build.
I'll have to do it later phone is on 2%

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
And feel free to use my rockets all I wish I'd credit for the rocket and also do you have the full version and can you dock?

USAA

Man on the Moon
Registered
And feel free to use my rockets all I wish I'd credit for the rocket and also do you have the full version and can you dock?
I have the full version, and what do you mean by dock here?

Sorry, not the most experienced player. I've had it for a while but obviously not long enough.

Soyuzturtle

«★★★» Grand Admiral «★★★» // PT
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I have the full version, and what do you mean by dock here?

Sorry, not the most experienced player. I've had it for a while but obviously not long enough.
I'll fill in for Joe if he has to go because of his battery. When he says dock he means can you meet up with another spacecraft in orbit?

If you can dock , great but it's not necessary to get there and back. Take a look Here to find some great tutorials on how to both build and fly your moon rocket.

USAA

Man on the Moon
Registered
I'll fill in for Joe if he has to go because of his battery. When he says dock he means can you meet up with another spacecraft in orbit?

If you can dock , great but it's not necessary to get there and back. Take a look Here to find some great tutorials on how to both build and fly your moon rocket.
Thanks for the info.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
So, I reached the Moon, with a rocket that I already built, problem is that I crashed into the Moon.
welp practice your landing :)

you will land there safely :)

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Hey, by coincidence I have a shuttle named cerber!

USAA

Man on the Moon
Registered
Trying again with a new lander design, here it is:

View attachment 58158
How it works is fairly simple:

Once we are near the Moon, Luna (the lander) and Brake (the descent module) will detach from the third stage of the rocket. It will perform a 180 degree turn so that Brake is facing the Moon. It will fire until we are around 20 m/s. Then, the duo will flip around another 180 degrees, and Luna will dislodge from Brake, and open the landing legs. Brake will fire it's engines to break out of the lunar sphere of influence to crash back on Earth while Luna gets closer to the Moon. At around 600 meters from the surface, Luna will activate its engine and put it on a low fire (1-5%). At 200, it will increase it to 10-20%, and it will fluctuate between engine burns closer to the surface to provide a smooth landing.