Project Snowy Wind

• Thread starter The Dark in the Light
  • Start date
T

The Dark in the Light

Nice shuttle over there
Cheers mate, thanks!
How do you land it? With the parachutes, right?
Yup, chutes.
I’m guessing that. It might have a VTOL system by those separators, but I doubt it, since I don’t see any fuel tanks
I tried VTOL but there isn't room in the front separator portion for a fuel tank to connect to the main tank, though the rear portion can house a working engine.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I tried VTOL but there isn't room in the front separator portion for a fuel tank to connect to the main tank, though the rear portion can house a working engine.
Ever heard of Bp editing?;)

In 1.5 you can shrink parts and make a smaller fuel tank if you want. Or don’t shrink it at all, and just put it there by bp editing.

T

The Dark in the Light

Ever heard of Bp editing?;)

In 1.5 you can shrink parts and make a smaller fuel tank if you want. Or don’t shrink it at all, and just put it there by bp editing.
Didn't think to do that. Might give it a try.

T

The Dark in the Light

It's time to get back to work. I sent a node module to Mars in preparation for a space station, though I may change it up.
1617439986820.png

1617439991210.png

Might use this thing sitting in LEO:
1617440013332.png

T

The Dark in the Light

1617587204793.png

Believe it or not the payload is under 90 tons, with a portion of that being a fuel tank. Gonna send this sucker to Mars.

T

The Dark in the Light

So after many tests and failures, it's capable of reaching Mars. Time for the video.

T

The Dark in the Light

It says 2+ hours upload time... Come back in 8 hours as I'm scheduling it instead.

T

The Dark in the Light

It's been 9 hours and it's STILL uploading. It's not even a long even, under ten minutes.