[Roleplay] Astronomer Starmaker, a Terran Diaspora.

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
An odd wormhole was discovered orbiting far beyond the Solar System...or should I say, the one I hailed from.

Naturally, people across the Solar System became really excited about this new discovery, but perhaps the one who was the most enthusiastic about this news was none other than Terra themselves. Needless to say, they and their planet friends quickly cobbled up a large-scale mission to explore what's behind the enigmatic anomaly. The first probes reported that, at the other side, there was an extensive system of stars orbiting a supermassive black hole with hundreds of wormholes orbiting in various stable Lagrangian points around said stars. Without further ado, the second-wave was almost immediately flung at the wormhole. Extensive development were made, and contacts with the local planets were attempted (I don't know the result, however).

Well, you could already guess that I was one of those second-wave explorers who were sent to enter those wormholes. Sadly, the damn gate deflated as soon as I pass through it, but at least I ended up around a familiar planet, even if it is a bit tiny. Plain colors, with a highly reflective young ring system and a system of moons. There is no mistake, this is Saturn.
As for myself, I'm Astronomer Starmaker-4 (the -4 indicates that I am Starmaker's fourth copy). I am a member of the Astronomy University, one of the many polities that co-existed in my Solar System. What it was like doesn't really matter to me right now, since my return route is, well shut. I may as well stay here, people here don't seem too bad.

Alright, I guess it's about the time for the first contact. There are some activities around this system's Titan, so let's contact them.
Hello, can anyone hear me?

Last edited:

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello? Can anybody hear me? This is Starmaker-4, and my ship's propellant is running out. Do you have any methane depot around here that I can refuel? I'm currently in transit to Titan.

Last edited:

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Hello? Can anybody hear me? This is Starmaker-4, and my ship's propellant is running out. Do you have any methane depot around here that I can refuel?
If you can get to Ganymede orbit, I've a station, docking and re-fuel/charge facilities at 1500km.

Screenshot_2019-02-22-17-31-28.png

The station is automated, hold at 100m and docking drones will facilitate your recovery.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
What if we created a Über Galatic just for situations like this
You call, we haul? Either a super sized pickup ship similar to my dropship to place his craft inside, be carried and dropped off at a destination, be it in an SOI or on a surface?

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
An odd wormhole was discovered orbiting far beyond the Solar System...or should I say, the one I hailed from.

Naturally, people across the Solar System became really excited about this new discovery, but perhaps the one who was the most enthusiastic about this news was none other than Terra themselves. Needless to say, they and their planet friends quickly cobbled up a large-scale mission to explore what's behind the enigmatic anomaly. The first probes reported that, at the other side, there was an extensive system of stars orbiting a supermassive black hole with hundreds of wormholes orbiting in various stable Lagrangian points around said stars. Without further ado, the second-wave was almost immediately flung at the wormhole. Extensive development were made, and contacts with the local planets were attempted (I don't know the result, however).

Well, you could already guess that I was one of those second-wave explorers who were sent to enter those wormholes. Sadly, the damn gate deflated as soon as I pass through it, but at least I ended up around a familiar planet, even if it is a bit tiny. Plain colors, with a highly reflective young ring system and a system of moons. There is no mistake, this is Saturn.
As for myself, I'm Astronomer Starmaker-4 (the -4 indicates that I am Starmaker's fourth copy). I am a citizen of the Astronomer Federation, one of the many polities that co-existed in my Solar System. What it was like doesn't really matter to me right now, since my return route is, well shut. I may as well stay here, people here don't seem too bad.

Alright, I guess it's about the time for the first contact. There are some activities around this system's Titan, so let's contact them.
Hello, can anyone hear me?
Yes sir.

T

TtTOtW

We have captured your current position and trajectory.
Screenshot_20190223-120918.png
Screenshot_20190223-120904.png

Help is on its way. We are preparing accommodation for you on Titan at the SE mining base. Not much, but it's most likely a step up from a cockpit.
We are sending the freshly updated Gecko. It just arrived at Terra Circa. This will be its first mission.
Screenshot_20190223-105701.png

Refuelling for the long trip.
Screenshot_20190223-110310.png
Screenshot_20190223-110816.png
Screenshot_20190223-113003.png

Installing the range extending battery packs.
Screenshot_20190223-113416.png

And ready to leave. Just sit tight, we got you covered.

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Thanks, kind strangers.

Also, if it's not too much to ask for, could you please send me the current information on the situation of this Solar System? Thanks. :)

T

TtTOtW

We see you have entered Titan SOI. Use your ion drives to syphon off speed until you are in any sort of orbit around it. You will by no means be able to survive a landing attempt. We'll bring you to the surface.

T

TtTOtW

Also, you asked a general report of conditions. Saturn is the territory of the Kronian League, led by @Lt. Snakestrike, who resides and rules over Titan. Our relationship with him is peaceful. Saturn SOI is generally a very safe place.
As for us, we are the Solar Empire, I am the Emperor of the Solar System.

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
We see you have entered Titan SOI. Use your ion drives to syphon off speed until you are in any sort of orbit around it. You will by no means be able to survive a landing attempt. We'll bring you to the surface.
...ion engines? I don't think those are strong enough to put me in orbit. Those are just spare engines in case if my main drive breaks.
As for the landing attempt, I can guess that very well (haha). There is no need to bring me down, though. I can stay up in space just fine. Hopefully you have an orbital depot I can use :)

Also, you asked a general report of conditions. Saturn is the territory of the Kronian League, led by @Lt. Snakestrike, who resides and rules over Titan. Our relationship with him is peaceful. Saturn SOI is generally a very safe place.
Thanks for the information. Hmm, what about the rest of the Solar System?

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
If you go back to @TtTOtW's base in Mars orbit, there is emergency accommodation available on The Mars surface. Stay as long as you want.
The inner Solar System is under SE rule. I am president of Mars (Phobos and Deimos incl.), Danny's in charge of earth and the moon.

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
My main drive's cutting off. I'm now in high orbit around Titan. If I go too low, the atmospheric drag will do me in.

If you go back to @TtTOtW's base in Mars orbit, there is emergency accommodation available on The Mars surface. Stay as long as you want.
The inner Solar System is under SE rule. I am president of Mars (Phobos and Deimos incl.), Danny's in charge of earth and the moon.
Uhm? Ah, I see, so you guys are the people from the 'SE'. Leaders, at that. Nice to meet you, I'm Starmaker-4 on board the Pioneer-class spacecraft. Please consider some of the knowledge stored in the ship's library as a payment for the refuel.
On another topic, my ship's telescope suggests some activities near Venus. Is there anybody there? It certainly looks like an interesting place for future development.