[Roleplay] Astronomer Starmaker, a Terran Diaspora.

T

TtTOtW

You're an wanderer, quite obviously. Settling and landing are generally foreign to you. But it's a comfortable life, though a lot of work. Your mind adjusts quickly. It's your heart that will take a while to come out of space.

T

TtTOtW

Screenshot_20190224-092613.png

Touchdown. Astronomer, you are free to leave whenever you wish, but we will facilitate you here for up to 3 Terran months. After that we can easily accommodate you at Ares Station for a 6 month window if you have not yet gathered the resources to settle on a body of your choice. You are backed by the Kronian League so it bodes well for your access to resources around these parts. Enjoy your stay :) we gave you top floor for the best view out.
Screenshot_20190224-093019.png
Screenshot_20190224-093207.png
Screenshot_20190224-093307.png
Screenshot_20190224-093608.png
Screenshot_20190224-094106.png
Screenshot_20190224-094939.png

Now relax while we move your ship to the refuelling facility.
Screenshot_20190224-100506.png
Screenshot_20190224-121048.png

Do not mind our drones, they're just mapping the landscape, and return to refuel only.
Screenshot_20190224-095559.png

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hmm, you're right. Thanks for accommodating me, but I think I'll depart soon. I'd like to buy some materials I need for the construction of my resource extraction and settlement ship. I think I can make all the other equipment I need on board. Please tell me when the refueling is finished, thanks.

...Still, I can still remember the days I lived on Terra. How long has it been since then? I doubt I care, but those memories were truly wonderful. Friendly people, great sceneries, brilliant communities.
Still, in the end, I've chosen to embark on this ambitious mission. You cannot stay the same forever, after all.

On another topic, would you guys mind if I tell you a story of mine when I'm back in space? I think you might like it.

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
For now, I'd like some metal feedstock. I'll send the list of what I need, so don't worry.

would you need some Hollenium? (nuclear fuel)
Hollenium? I'm not quite sure what kind of nuclear fuel that is, but my powerplants are designed to use uranium-233, and thus I don't think they can use that fuel. Also, I'm not running low on nuclear fuel for now, but if I ever get close to running out of it, I'll come to visit.

It out-performs solid Hydrogen by 82%, mind you. And does not need hypercoolant.
Sorry, but I don't think I understand what those meant. Thanks for explaining, anyways :)

T

TtTOtW

You're a wanderer right? You guys have mad technical know-how. Could you have a look at why our drill is apparently incompatible with Titan's deeper layers? We need oxygen from the ore for fuel. Right now we depend on deliveries for everything.

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
You're a wanderer right? You guys have mad technical know-how. Could you have a look at why our drill is apparently incompatible with Titan's deeper layers? We need oxygen from the ore for fuel. Right now we depend on deliveries for everything.
Oxygen from the ore? You know, Titan's surface is practically ice. You can easily scrape some and crack them for oxygen and hydrogen.

T

TtTOtW

It isn't water I've. Those are lower down. The surface is sporadically covered in methane "snow". CH4. No oxygen in there.

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
It isn't water I've. Those are lower down. The surface is sporadically covered in methane "snow". CH4. No oxygen in there.
I see. This place must be very different from the one I knew.
(Explanation: the real-life Titan's crust is composed mainly of ice-h, AKA your everyday normal hexagonal ice, although likely as hard as a rock. Dig for several dozen kilometers you'll find briny liquid water subsurface ocean, with a layer of ice-VI sitting at the bottom. Further down, you'll find a hydrous silicate core. This is the case as well in Starmaker-4's home Solar System)

...so, I'd like to have the data of the internal structure of this planet, and the drill you've been using. Perhaps it's the one designed for Earth-like environments, and such not suited for high-pressure environments?

I'll glady buy a copy of your knowledge banks (mainly on your literature and home)
Hmm, that sounds good. I'll see what else I can put on the shelves.

Last edited:

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I think I really should start using quotation marks when I'm talking. From this point on I'll have a lot more to do than just talking.
"Oh, I hope this doesn't feel weird to everybody else." Although I had no idea why I was worried about such trivial stuff.

Honestly, I cannot really tell if getting stuck in this universe is a bad thing or a good thing. I'm stuck in an alien universe with strange people, but they don't look too bad. I probably won't have a problem surviving here, and maybe I can even climb up and become an influential figure in this system, who knows? If a war starts, though, I can only pray for help from the other side of the Polydeuces gate, or that's what I like to call that wormhole that's placed right next to Dione's tiny eponymous Trojan moon sitting at its L5, the one I used to get into this place, currently deflated to microscopic sizes.

Anyways, while waiting for my ship to get refueled and the feedstock I ordered to arrive (in space, most likely), I looked out. The desert covered by whatever hydrocarbon that rained down from the upper atmosphere sure is brown, but I couldn't care less about that. I was searching for drone activities in this region. I want to learn more about how people here do their job. I wish to study how this universe works.

Last edited:

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
After staring out of the window for a while, I turned back.

"As for what stories I can sell, let's see..."
For now, I offer some works from my library. All of those stories detail the everyday lives of the people from my home place, which you might find interesting, or maybe at least entertaining.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
After staring out of the window for a while, I turned back.

"As for what stories I can sell, let's see..."
For now, I offer some works from my library. All of those stories detail the everyday lives of the people from my home place, which you might find interesting, or maybe at least entertaining.
i'll take them

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered