[Roleplay] Astronomer Starmaker, a Terran Diaspora.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Hmm, you're right. Thanks for accommodating me, but I think I'll depart soon. I'd like to buy some materials I need for the construction of my resource extraction and settlement ship. I think I can make all the other equipment I need on board. Please tell me when the refueling is finished, thanks.

...Still, I can still remember the days I lived on Terra. How long has it been since then? I doubt I care, but those memories were truly wonderful. Friendly people, great sceneries, brilliant communities.
Still, in the end, I've chosen to embark on this ambitious mission. You cannot stay the same forever, after all.

On another topic, would you guys mind if I tell you a story of mine when I'm back in space? I think you might like it.
Come join me in orbit when you two launch. I'm in the Unbound about 200km up.
(I'm gonna make a backup real quick, then I'll see if I can send you the file fragment @TtTOtW)

Edit: Ugh... This's gonna be hard, almost 70k lines of code in my Qks...

Last edited:

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Come join me in orbit when you two launch. I'm in the Unbound about 200km up.
(I'm gonna make a backup real quick, then I'll see if I can send you the file fragment @TtTOtW)

Edit: Ugh... This's gonna be hard, almost 70k lines of code in my Qks...
The Unbound Alone is 13k lines...

Got the file fragment copied in a text file, I can send it.

Last edited:

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
"Interesting. I hope the money I obtained from this is enough to pay for the refuel and the material cost..."

Last edited:

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
There is a subcurrency in the balance with a value of 1000 units/1 Purlak. Π23 is the value of a human life, the cost of the amount of oxygen consumed in 75 Earth years.
"...I thought humans need to consume things other than oxygen, too...well let's not dive into that." I thought.

...speaking of refueling, how is that going? The question formed in my head naturally, and the next thing I did was to head out of the complex, my human form held still. The scenery reminds me of when I visited Titan, obviously, but some of the things just don't felt quite right. Not that it matters to me, a lost child of Terra trying to survive in this alien world, right now.

Then, I headed back to my ship.

Last edited:
T

TtTOtW

The fuel backup finally arrived... so you've been refuelled, and we're about to leave. Hope you enjoyed your stay :)
Screenshot_20190228-190414.png

And we're off. My TWR is about double yours, so I'm basically pulling you out of Titan. Your rear engine covers were damaged but the good Lieutenant will replace them, I'll fix up with him.
Screenshot_20190228-202150.png
Screenshot_20190228-204311.png

Lieutenant, we have you on map.
Screenshot_20190228-210226.png
Requesting permission for 3 docks: one for our guest, one for his second drone to free up a port on his ship, and the SCS Gecko. I'd like to finally shake your hand :).
Screenshot_20190228-210946.png
Screenshot_20190228-211839.png

Dock procedures complete.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Permission granted. Welcome aboard the IPS Unbound.
(Lol, it was never designed to dock so many. I should've put the lander back in its bay before sending the file)

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
The view from the bridge is especially impressive.
It is nice, isn't it. I loved the view when flying through the rings on my way here.

It's getting outdated though, I'm going to be replacing the bridge sometime soon. The nice thing about modular ships...

The Hab module is the nice place though. It's let me survive out here for quite some time, without getting bored even (okay... Maybe a little bit).

Last edited:
T

TtTOtW

Lieutenant could you kindly replace the engine covers of Sovereign Starmaker's ship? It got damaged on Titan. His ship is not particularly surface friendly. I was planning this since shortly before your arrival: the depot (ألف Station) where we refuelled, I would like to leave it in your capable hands. As in give it to you. I find it inconvenient working so far out. I'd hope a free refuel when I pass or visit is in order though :)

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Lieutenant could you kindly replace the engine covers of Sovereign Starmaker's ship? It got damaged on Titan. His ship is not particularly surface friendly. I was planning this since shortly befobefore your arrival: the depot (ألف Station) where we refuelled, I would like to leave it in your capable hands. As in give it to you. I find it inconvenient working so far out. I'd hope a free refuel when I pass or visit is in order though :)
That would be amazing! Thank you. I can certainly give you fuel when you stop by again, as I assume you'll be visiting again. I may visit you at your capital too some point, although I'm not too sure when.

I'll replace your engine covers soon Sovereign Starmaker, I need to send a resupply mission with fuel and mining equipment for Hyperion, I'll fix your ship then.

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I was making an order for the supplies I need for my own mining vessels as the Lieutenant's transmission arrived.

“Hyperion?" I was a bit surprised, honestly. "Do you have some operations going on on that moon? Please be wary of possible electrostatic discharges. I was taught about it a lot back in the spaceflight college."

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I was making an order for the supplies I need for my own mining vessels as the Lieutenant's transmission arrived.

“Hyperion?" I was a bit surprised, honestly. "Do you have some operations going on on that moon? Please be wary of possible electrostatic discharges. I was taught about it a lot back in the spaceflight college."
Thank you for the advice, I'll keep it in mind. I've sent my original Titan probe there in order to begin scouting it out. I intend to begin electrolizing water from the surface for a source of easy oxygen and hydrogen in space (it's much harder to get it off Titan's surface).

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
"...still, do you happen to have any metal feedstock plus some paint around?" I asked the Lieutenant. "I want to repair my engine covers and build mining vessels, then I can head to Dione right away."

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
"...still, do you happen to have any metal feedstock plus some paint around?" I asked the Lieutenant. "I want to repair my engine covers and build mining vessels, then I can head to Dione right away."
Not yet, but I'll be recieving another supply ship soon. I can order materials for you to come with that supply ship.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
"Thanks. I'll send the list to you in a bit..."
The shipment has arrived Astronomer. The new ship has all of the supplies you'll need to restore your ship as well as mining supplies you can take to Dione.

I'm more excited by the ship itself though. An amazing cargo shuttle of Emperor @TtTOtW's design.
Screenshot_20190301-060027.png

Only name I can think of that's fitting of such a beauty is the SCS Radiant. Reflects its origins well too.

Anyway, stay as long as you need, then you may continue on your way Sovereign Starmaker.

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
After finishing my businesses, I said goodbye to Lieutenant before detaching from the IPE Unbound. I'm in Titan orbit, just high enough to stay clear from its thick extensive atmosphere that will drag me down. I ran tests on my systems and extended the engine radiators. When I received the confirmation that all systems are working well, I moved on to the next step.

All Explorer class spacecraft is equipped with highly capable fabricators for producing parts for repairing the ship or creating new ships to aid our missions from local resources. This time is no different, and I took my time to repair my skirt and create two miner drones.

All of those are done, and now I'm set for Dione...or whatever moon has easily accessible sources of heavy elements. I guess I'll be visiting one of the smaller moons first...

Last edited:

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Enceladus is certainly a promising moon for a mining operation, with its small size and high density indicating that the moon has a large silicate core, which may contain useful materials, though it would certainly be a risky trip due to the high-pressure subsurface ocean, a global feature of this tiny moon.
The rest of the moons in the Saturn system left unclaimed are pretty much iceballs, with Tethys being the worst offender of all.

Meanwhile, further out, Phoebe is composed of a wide variety of materials, and possibly lots of heavy elements, too. With low gravity, it sounds like a great place for a mining operation.