[Roleplay] Astronomer Starmaker, a Terran Diaspora.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Last minute change in plans: The Radiant will be making the trip with us. I have some cargo I need to bring back with me, so I figure we may as well combine the mission.
Ready for departure:
Screenshot_2019-03-07-15-38-19.png

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
The Unbound's gonna be left on her own for a little while, but she'll like the module I'm bringing back for her.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Time for departure.
Screenshot_2019-03-08-15-14-31.png

The Unbound's gonna be on her own for a while.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Well, that was interesting. I've never attempted to get back to the inside before. But, we made it.

Notable Moments:

Flying through the rings on the way out.
Screenshot_2019-03-08-15-50-36.png

Far Flyby off Jupiter (Middle Right Side)
Screenshot_2019-03-08-15-59-10.png

One of the earth aerobraking maneuvers.
Screenshot_2019-03-08-16-29-34.png

One I got into Leo, the fun started. My orbital intercept guidances were broken, so I had to do it by eye. We got there eventually though.

Terra Circa coming within visual range!
Screenshot_2019-03-08-20-45-44.png

Slow docking due to visual docking procedures, but we got there. We've arrived at Terra Circa @The Astronomer Starmaker. We've arrived Sanctor @Danny Batten.
Screenshot_2019-03-08-21-16-10.png

Sanctor Batten's ship undocked, and is approaching our Hab module.
Screenshot_2019-03-08-21-20-14.png
Screenshot_2019-03-08-21-22-25.png

Welcome aboard SCS Radiant Sanctor Batten! It's nice to meet you.
Screenshot_2019-03-08-21-27-22.png

The full view is impressive!
Screenshot_2019-03-08-21-28-29.png

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Well, that was interesting. I've never attempted to get back to the inside before. But, we made it.

Notable Moments:

View attachment 14601

View attachment 14600

View attachment 14602

One I got into Leo, the fun started. My orbital intercept guidances were broken, so I had to do it by eye. We got there eventually though.

View attachment 14603

Slow docking due to visual docking procedures, but we got there. We've arrived at Terra Circa @The Astronomer Starmaker. We've arrived Sanctor @Danny Batten.
View attachment 14604

View attachment 14605 View attachment 14606

View attachment 14607

View attachment 14608
Good to see you Lieutenant! Thank you!
It sure is, the blue marble in here true glory.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Good to see you Lieutenant! Thank you!
It sure is, the blue marble in here true glory.
By the way, this is Sovereign/Astronomer Starmaker. I've been to earth before, as you know, but this is his first time. Show him its beauty!

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
By the way, this is Sovereign/Astronomer Starmaker. I've been to earth before, as you know, but this is his first time. Show him its beauty!
Oh sure! @The Astronomer over there you can see the 2.31km high pile of robots that tried to overthrow us in 66.
And over there you can the famous DB Space Elevator.
Earth is full of wonders, I would recommend for you to fly down to have a meander, or if that not for you why not try our Formula S racing, racing but in 3D!

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Oh sure! @The Astronomer over there you can see the 2.31km high pile of robots that tried to overthrow us in 66.
And over there you can the famous DB Space Elevator.
Earth is full of wonders, I would recommend for you to fly down to have a meander, or if that not for you why not try our Formula S racing, racing but in 3D!
Listening to the Sanctor, I stare down to the small blue planet below. One of the details that immediately stood out is one of the extensive cities currently right below me, highly visible due to the sheer scale.
"Terra..." I quietly muttered to myself. "Oh, so familiar, yet so strange."
It's so easy for my mind to get lost in thoughts when in such a situation, a defect I inherited from the original Starmaker. Still, I snapped myself back into reality.
"...so there are space elevators here. With it, I can visit the surface in person." I replied to the Sanctor. "Could you tell me more about this planet?"

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Listening to the Sanctor, I stare down to the small blue planet below. One of the details that immediately stood out is one of the extensive cities currently right below me, highly visible due to the sheer scale.
"Terra..." I quietly muttered to myself. "Oh, so familiar, yet so strange."
It's so easy for my mind to get lost in thoughts when in such a situation, a defect I inherited from the original Starmaker. Still, I snapped myself back into reality.
"...so there are space elevators here. With it, I can visit the surface in person." I replied to the Sanctor. "Could you tell me more about this planet?"
“Well it was the birthplace of the modern human, or at least we think so”
“Thousands of years of war has raged this planet, but only until recently has it come to peace” * glances to the pile of dead robots*
“We have a strong army here to protect our civilisation, they have been reliable for many wars”

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
“Well it was the birthplace of the modern human, or at least we think so”
“Thousands of years of war has raged this planet, but only until recently has it come to peace” * glances to the pile of dead robots*
“We have a strong army here to protect our civilisation, they have been reliable for many wars”
"Strong army, huh." I thought. "I wonder what their space forces are like."

The giant pile of dead robot never ceased to amaze me, if only because there is no reason to leave them lying when one could salvage them for useful materials and possibly pieces of technologies. Yes, it could be a monument of some kind, but 2.31 km tall robot really don't come to my mind as a sensible one. Risk of collapse is always imminent, even.

"...is there any point of interest?" I asked them again, this time smiling more. "I want to go sightseeing."

In another note, I've notified @Gecko Gekkota about my upcoming arrival at Earth one year ago. I think they should be here any time now.

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered

The giant pile of dead robot never ceased to amaze me, if only because there is no reason to leave them lying when one could salvage them for useful materials and possibly pieces of technologies. Yes, it could be a monument of some kind, but 2.31 km tall robot really don't come to my mind as a sensible one. Risk of collapse is always imminent, even.

"...is there any point of interest?" I asked them again, this time smiling more. "I want to go sightseeing."

In another note, I've notified @Gecko Gekkota about my upcoming arrival at Earth one year ago. I think they should be here any time now.
“Well there is the great foating wall of England, I don’t know what was going through their heads when they were building it, but it is still an amazing sight.”
“Or maybe to the great Thorium Mines of Italy catches your fancy”

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
“Well there is the great foating wall of England, I don’t know what was going through their heads when they were building it, but it is still an amazing sight.”
“Or maybe to the great Thorium Mines of Italy catches your fancy”
"I see. Then, I'll be going." The rest of the information can be found on the planet, that is what I believe. I might even be able to find useful information for when I get back to Dione and begin my work on the development of that moon in earnest.

"Are you going to stay here for a long time, Lieutenant?" I asked @Lt. Snakestrike . "If possible, I'd like to spend a month away touring the planet and its environs."

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician

On my way

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Glancing to the night sky in ASA territory, Jez 10 saw the craft in space.
"I really wish @The Astronomer Starmaker -4 will visit our territory just this once..."

Using a small telescope, observed the craft, thinking stuff.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
"I see. Then, I'll be going." The rest of the information can be found on the planet, that is what I believe. I might even be able to find useful information for when I get back to Dione and begin my work on the development of that moon in earnest.

"Are you going to stay here for a long time, Lieutenant?" I asked @Lt. Snakestrike . "If possible, I'd like to spend a month away touring the planet and its environs."
I actually plan to leave for the surface after we're done visiting Sanctor Batten. You can come down with me, or take one of the space elevators. Up to you.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Alright, goodbye Sanctor Batten, it's time for us to depart.

After the departure of Sanctor Batten's ship, the Radiant disembarked from Terra Circa, and made a burn to a transfer orbit to my own station.
Screenshot_2019-03-11-16-40-47.png

From there, the landing spacecraft seperated, and made a deorbit burn at apogee.
Screenshot_2019-03-12-16-08-29.png

Capsule seperation:
Screenshot_2019-03-12-16-17-17.png

And then a simple landing.
Screenshot_2019-03-12-16-30-40.png
Screenshot_2019-03-12-16-31-20.png

Welcome to Earth Astronomer Starmaker!

Have fun adjusting to the gravity.

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Alright, goodbye Sanctor Batten, it's time for us to depart.

After the departure of Sanctor Batten's ship, the Radiant disembarked from Terra Circa, and made a burn to a transfer orbit to my own station.
View attachment 14822

From there, the landing spacecraft seperated, and made a deorbit burn at apogee.
View attachment 14824

Capsule seperation:
View attachment 14823

And then a simple landing.
View attachment 14825 View attachment 14826
Welcome to Earth Astronomer Starmaker!

Have fun adjusting to the gravity.
I would recommend getting checked out my our doctors, don’t want any bones snapping

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I would recommend getting checked out my our doctors, don’t want any bones snapping
Starmaker may want to take you up on that offer, but I'll be fine without. I've had my fair share of Titanium moon-carrots.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend

Notable Moments:

View attachment 14601

View attachment 14600

View attachment 14602

View attachment 14603

View attachment 14604

View attachment 14605 View attachment 14606

View attachment 14607

View attachment 14608
Man, those SCS are really powerful!