Suspected bugs

Bebo

Registered
1. State the version number and platform.
1.5.9.9. on Android 13
2. Provide details about the bug.
Game lagging and crashing like hell.
3. Provide details of how to trigger the bug
Colony ship has to many objects and probably Samsung Galaxy A22 has to less RAM memory to handle my apetite.

Can you optimise usage of memory, somehow since other games working just fine?

Here is my Colony Ship for exploration of Jovian moons.

You see I will never send astronouts on a such long journey without separate module for every person with own shower, toilet, nice bed, VR googles connected to Earth.

Not to mention hydroponic bay for growing plants, medical bay, engeneer module and lots more... Soooo...

Also if possible implement CLOUD game save so I dont need to build everything all over again when I buy PC.

20230325_154756.jpeg

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
1.5.9.9. on Android 13
Colony ship has to many objects and probably Samsung Galaxy A22 has to less RAM memory to handle my apetite.

You see I will never send astronouts on a such long journey without separate module for every person with own shower, toilet, nice bed, VR googles connected to Earth.

Not to mention hydroponic bay for growing plants, medical bay, engeneer module and lots more... Soooo...

Also if possible implement CLOUD game save so I dont need to build everything all over again when I buy PC.

View attachment 101002
Optimisation is not bug, but what I can see you have 4gb ram. It is enough to handle complicated vessels, but this colony ship can be real problem. Part clipping used? If yes, thats probably biggest slow down. There are a lot capsules too- probably too much torque to calculate. And what is on on that 8 fuel tanks? It might be problem too. Which planet pack are you using? I run Eternia(really big one) with big interstellar ship(circa a half of your) but not that complicated on Cat S42 with 3gn of ram. It run nicely. Cloud save- not needed, you can use same blueprint files. Only know where find them(I think)

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
1.5.9.9. on Android 13

View attachment 101002
That's not a bug, just you making lag monster space stations

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Blueprints, game worlds and quicksaves can be copied directly between mobile and pc version, as files and folders. And you can strore them at any cloud service on your own.

Bebo

Registered
Optimisation is not bug, but what I can see you have 4gb ram. It is enough to handle complicated vessels, but this colony ship can be real problem.
And I did not finishing it yet... Only about 2/3 so far... On a bottom should go on docking bay more big thick rockets for fuel storage and on a top should go Gathering Hub Module with labratory and medical facility... also as Top end will go space shuttle for command stuff.

Part clipping used? If yes, thats probably biggest slow down.
Have a not clue what is that.

There are a lot capsules too- probably too much torque to calculate.
Well every member of the crew must have its own private capsule to get privacy with own toilet, shower, , VR googles with internet, bed with electro muscle stimulation and massage capability which pulls persons light metalic sleeping suit with elecromagnets to support gravity of the rotation long coridors ... That is why all capsules are sideways outside of the ship... Capsules has purpose also as ESC pods with 2 ION engine to be able land on a moon or with parashute to land on a planet. So, yeah... I need lots of those. Jovian moons are far away from Earth... anything could happen.

And what is on on that 8 fuel tanks? It might be problem too.
Those are ION engines which saves fuel, but nicely moving Colony Ship across the Solar system.

Which planet pack are you using?
I dont know but it contains Jupiter with 4 moons.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
1.5.9.9. on Android 13

View attachment 101002
You use a lot of docking ports, RCS and solar panels, this is not surprising that it lags. Try to reduce your use of those if you want better results. The game could be better optimized for sure, but you should also try to make some optimization on your side.

Bebo

Registered
You use a lot of docking ports, RCS and solar panels, this is not surprising that it lags. Try to reduce your use of those if you want better results. The game could be better optimized for sure, but you should also try to make some optimization on your side.
Sure I could, but than I am destroying inspirational experiance... You agree for sure how Colony Ship with attention to reach Jupiter should have a lots of electricity source.

RCS and ION engines are needed to navigate ship of such size... I can not strip it away.

And about ports...yeah... I would also like there is implemented medium and large tube instead a lots of small attached ports... So here is some new ideas for next version of the game....

Part clipping used? If yes, thats probably biggest slow down.

Is there any way to make this more efficient? To set options on a smartphone or something?

Also I would be grateful if future versions could have indefinite design canvas where entire ship can be constructed and than option to separate modules of entire ship how those could be launched into space.

Like when I select segments of a ship there is option to lock those group in a module where I can save it as separate module for loading it into separate design where I can construct booster rocket to launch module into space.

Thank you in advance.

One more thing... It would be great if design can be instantly tested in simulator of space to check if something wrong before actually launching it into space.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Sure I could, but than I am destroying inspirational experiance...
Welcome to the world of optimization, the art of making more using less. :)

You agree for sure how Colony Ship with attention to reach Jupiter should have a lots of electricity source.
Sure. To be honest I would even recommend a nuclear reactor, because the solar power available at Jupiter level is barely 4% of what's available at Earth's level because of the distance. A good reason to reconsider solar panels... On another side your phone's ressource is also a constraint, even if the game could be better optimized, you have to take it into account. The limit can be pushed but not indefinitely so the problem would exist soon or later, so you can't ignore it either.

RCS and ION engines are needed to navigate ship of such size... I can not strip it away.
Ions ok, but you can definitely use less RCS. Especially with that many capsules, they add a lot of torque by themselves. If you still need some RCS, then place them far from the center of mass so that they give more torque. That's what I did on my space station:
Spaceflight Simulator_2022-02-25-22-17-48.jpg
A pair of RCS is placed at each arm extremity, that's the reason why. Otherwise I have a few here and there, but mostly for modules that may be frequently attached and detached, so they can maneuver autonomously. My station is smaller, but you see it's possible to use really few RCS. And if you really need more power, use a pair of small engines instead of a ton of RCS. That will be more efficient and that will be less parts to handle for the game.

And about ports...yeah... I would also like there is implemented medium and large tube instead a lots of small attached ports... So here is some new ideas for next version of the game....
For that you can resize part through bp editing.
See for example that fuel tank:
Spaceflight Simulator_2023-03-25-23-07-29.jpg
If I save that blueprint and open the blueprint file (it's a simple text file) I can change the dimensions of it:
Screenshot_20230325-230850_QuickEdit+.jpg --> Screenshot_20230325-230939_QuickEdit+.jpg
Then when I reload it:
Spaceflight Simulator_2023-03-25-23-10-16.jpg
That way you can make connections made of a single part. It will look smoother and will be lighter for the game. As I told you, the art of making more using less :p

Also I would be grateful if future versions could have indefinite design canvas where entire ship can be constructed and than option to separate modules of entire ship how those could be launched into space.
There's the infinite build area option for that, but it's a paid option. Then you have to activate it in the cheats.

Like when I select segments of a ship there is option to lock those group in a module where I can save it as separate module for loading it into separate design where I can construct booster rocket to launch module into space.
That exists too. Here is an example, if I want to use that blueprint as the payload of a rocket:
Spaceflight Simulator_2023-03-25-23-59-59.jpg
Save it, then load your rocket:
Spaceflight Simulator_2023-03-26-00-00-24.jpg
Now click "Load blueprint", select the blueprint you want to use as your payload and click "import":
Spaceflight Simulator_2023-03-26-00-01-56.jpg Spaceflight Simulator_2023-03-26-00-02-15.jpg
Done.

One more thing... It would be great if design can be instantly tested in simulator of space to check if something wrong before actually launching it into space.
That exists too. You really need to learn how to play that game :p
Basically what you want is to test your build in 0 gravity... You have access to cheats right? Then I'm sure you'll find a way by yourself :)

Bebo

Registered
Hey... Those nice shapes you got there.... Are those from Redstone Atlas Pack or you got PC version?

Also in what App I can change text on Android 13 OS? Sorry I am not an expert for messing things behind the game.

Bebo

Registered
Also you sad nuclear power? I dont have that offered in a game...

Good thing is I reduced FPS from 60 to 30 and torque is much better... still lag a bit but shorter and game does not drop.

Also when you mentioned about cheats I found there infinate building area and all things that can test rocket... Sorry I am not cheater and it is a shame those area has name CHEATS instead TEST DESIGN... but ok...

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Good thing is I reduced FPS from 60 to 30 and torque is much better... still lag a bit but shorter and game does not drop.

Also when you mentioned about cheats I found there infinate building area and all things that can test rocket... Sorry I am not cheater and it is a shame those area has name CHEATS instead TEST DESIGN... but ok...
He proposed making a nuclear reactor yourself, making a design from parts you are offered. It wont actually work, but neither do solar panels currently. Also, using infinite build area, i would say, is not cheating. Despite it being a cheat option almost no one actually considers it as cheaty outside of specific challenges, you wouldnt be a cheater using it, since it simply lets you be more creative and doesnt give unfair advantage.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hey... Those nice shapes you got there.... Are those from Redstone Atlas Pack or you got PC version?
That's not from the Redstone Atlas pack, I designed them myself by clipping and editing parts. Clipping consists in superimposing parts in a way that's normally not allowed. Originally, a bug allowed to do this but that option is now available in cheats.
I also have PC version, but the station was designed on mobile.

Also in what App I can change text on Android 13 OS? Sorry I am not an expert for messing things behind the game.
I personally use QuickEdit, but any text editor will work fine.

I mean you can design one yourself and pretend it's a nuclear reactor, the same as you do for any module.

Not using cheats is all to your credit, but we are only talking about using them for test purposes only. It's not like sending the whole station in a single piece with every cheat activated.

Bebo

Registered
[QUOTE="Altaïr, post: 193340, member:
Not using cheats is all to your credit, but we are only talking about using them for test purposes only. It's not like sending the whole station in a single piece with every cheat activated.[/QUOTE]

Since I will must start entire Colony Ship from scratch it sim I will just do that... lol

Bebo

Registered
"That's not from the Redstone Atlas pack, I designed them myself by clipping and editing parts."

Wait... You designed SATELITE plate by yourself?

101017-d2ea2157400e2db09b5a24796d6da790.jpg

Bebo

Registered
When I am looking your station I feel awful especially when I am looking antena on it.

Dude why dont you sell components to GM or to people like me? This look gorgeous.

Spaceflight Simulator_2022-02-25-22-17-48.jpg

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
"That's not from the Redstone Atlas pack, I designed them myself by clipping and editing parts."

Wait... You designed SATELITE plate by yourself?

View attachment 101096
Yes. But that part and the cupola are those who took me the most time obviously.

Dude why dont you sell components to GM or to people like me? This look gorgeous.
Sell? You can have it for free, the whole station is available here. Enjoy :cool:

Bebo

Registered
Yes. But that part and the cupola are those who took me the most time obviously.

Sell? You can have it for free, the whole station is available here. Enjoy :cool:
I can not find where Gamez files are stored on Android?

My files → Internal storage → Android → Data

If it is a big game like GTA: Sa which requires an additional file to be downloaded the the data will be in :—

My files → Internal storage →Android →Obb

Note: If you do not have a built in file manager then you can download any other app from playstore

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I can not find where Gamez files are stored on Android?

My files → Internal storage → Android → Data

If it is a big game like GTA: Sa which requires an additional file to be downloaded the the data will be in :—

My files → Internal storage →Android →Obb

Note: If you do not have a built in file manager then you can download any other app from playstore
Yes, Data, then com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator, files, savings, blueprints

Game freezes when going close to encounter node.

v1.5.9.8 on iOS

While navigating to earth I passed close to the encounter node and the game just froze, this only happens when navigating to earth otherwise the game works fine.

navigating to close enough to a encounter node should freeze the game, world files are available.

World files: Click me

Attachments