Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Please guys, this thread is there to help players for their challenges, let's not clutter it up. Back on topic please.

Deepspacegod

Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Ok so I dont know if this is just in beta or not but I have a heated engine feature that stops me from overlapping engines, can I use the no heat cheat for
My station mission?

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
That will be a part of the game going forward. I'm afraid that you should adapt to it by making a new rocket, rather than using cheats.
We can give you some tips if necessary.:)

Deepspacegod

Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Thank you. It's better then completely remaking it I miss the old sfs

Sike! I don't!

TresAbhi

Man on the Moon
Registered
Attempt only after you’ve completed Team Titan

Overview:
Team Frontier is the second set of challenges. It proves the player has some competent skills in SFS, and is at least capable to dock, plan basic interplanetary missions and build an efficient rocket. All THREE missions must be completed to get the rank.

What it unlocks?

[Will be filled soon!]
And of course, after that you are free to try Team Hawk missions.

Missions (they can be completed in any order, but all three of them must be completed):
  1. Land on Mars and get back to Earth: Just like the Moon mission before
  2. Build a space station around Earth: must be at least four separated launches, all rendezvous in LEO and docked together. You must document all 4 missions so the challenge counts as valid.
  3. Launch the supplied probe and reach solar escape velocity. No gravity assists, nor Ion engines. Starting position is the launchpad. The launch vehicle is limited to a total mass of 265 tons.
General Rules:
  • Cheats are forbidden.
  • Nothing (except obviously dumped stages) must be destroyed.
  • Bp editing part clipping is fine. Engine stretching is ONLY allowed on the replica challenge, but not for the rest of the missions. And if you do stretch some engines, you must add the necessary ballast to compensate the advantage.
  • Default Solar System must be used, although purely cosmetical planet packs will be accepted too. As an exception, IRIS by Altaïr will be allowed on the Mars and space station missions only.
For the specific case of Voyager Quest challenge these constraints also apply:
  • Use only the supplied probe, or your recreation of it, no custom payload.
  • The mass of the launch vehicle for the entire mission is 265 tons. Meaning that the vehicle you spawn on the launchpad cannot be heavier than 265 tons (payload included).
  • Gravity assists are not allowed, just direct burns.
  • Ion engines are absolutely forbidden. Just chemical engines.

Mission Rewards:

Each mission grants its own badge:
Once you have all three of them, you get the official Team Frontier badge, which proves you’ve completed all three Frontier challenges: View attachment 61126

How do I prove that I did the missions?

Any format is fine (screenshots, videos, other), but whatever you submit must show at least these key points:

Mars mission:
  • Launchpad
  • Earth orbit
  • Mars orbit
  • Mars surface
  • Back to Earth
  • Achievements
Space Station (for all four flights):
  • Launchpad
  • Earth orbit
  • Rendezvous with the station
Voyager Quest:
  • Building grid (so we can see the total mass)
  • Launchpad
  • Earth orbit
  • Map view when crossing the orbit of Mars. (This one is absolutely essential). Target speed is 7250 m/s.

A more detailed guide about Team Frontier in general and its missions can be found here:
Team Frontier Instructions!
For any questions feel free to ask them here: New Ranks! or here: Team Frontier Instructions! or in the thread below.

Picture and Download of the probe for the Voyager Quest challenge:
View attachment 68526
Can I do two launches for the Mars mission?

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
According to the New Ranks! thread, it should be single launch like the Team Titan challenge.
It's actually a little ambiguous. The Mars missions doesn't directly specifies it needs to be single launch.
Screenshot_2022-01-14-19-15-40-335.jpg

Since we have approved users who have done multi-launch missions, like Horus, who did a entire grand tour, I think we should allow multi-launch missions.

TresAbhi

Man on the Moon
Registered

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
If you mean for Voyager quest, yes.
But the limit has been raised to 265t, so good news for you.

T

TtTOtW

Personally, while I'm not staff anymore, I'd say as long as it is harder and not easier than the normal SFS Earth. But it's not my call, I'll ask the staff.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I know IRIS is allowed, so I assume if you do it in an approved RSS pack it's ok
Check with a staff member though