Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Hey, there's a bit of an issue with your sun in the normal view, pry due ro atmosphere...
Screenshot_2018-12-10-12-01-05.png

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered
I'm going to make an update for this,with 1/3 Scaled versions of the planets (If you hadn't noticed,some things are in real size).

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Btw, It looks like Hyperion's Soi is a little too big as well, but I might be wrong.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Might I suggest possibly changing Saturn's Image to a fully lit one? It seems kind of out of place, especially with really close flybys of the dark side.
Screenshot_2018-12-23-11-44-54.png

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Well, that's trippy...
Screenshot_2018-12-23-12-08-10.png

Watching the rocket just disappear...

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I want to play SFS with real-scaled Solar System. I am working on it...
Cool idea :p
But I warn you it will probably be insanely hard: the real engines have a specific impulse way above the one of SFS' engines: 285 seconds (which is Frontier engine, the best one ingame, only second to ion engines) is the Isp of solid rocket boosters, while efficient engines (LOX/LH2) can reach around 435 seconds. Until we can mod engines and fuel tanks, it may be extremely frustrating.
Maybe you can begin with a solar system reduced by a factor 4 or 5 (instead of 20 now).
To give you an idea, the speed required to be in LEO is:
- 1655 m/s in SFS (reduction factor of 20)
- around 3900 m/s with a reduction factor of 4
- 7726 m/s at real scale

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Cool idea :p
But I warn you it will probably be insanely hard: the real engines have a specific impulse way above the one of SFS' engines: 285 seconds (which is Frontier engine, the best one ingame, only second to ion engines) is the Isp of solid rocket boosters, while efficient engines (LOX/LH2) can reach around 435 seconds. Until we can mod engines and fuel tanks, it may be extremely frustrating.
Maybe you can begin with a solar system reduced by a factor 4 or 5 (instead of 20 now).
To give you an idea, the speed required to be in LEO is:
- 1655 m/s in SFS (reduction factor of 20)
- around 3900 m/s with a reduction factor of 4
- 7726 m/s at real scale
And to hit that, you'd have to plow through 100km of atmosphere, rather than 30...

The forum says that this is an invalid file type. Is there some way that someone can email, dropbox, etc. it? I would really appreciate it! :)