The Complete Solar System!

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I noticed that Titan's atmosphere in this mod is just 25 km thick. Is there a reason for this, since the real one extends to like 1000 km due to low gravity and massive atmosphere? Even with SFS's scaling down it should still be somewhat taller than Earth's.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I noticed that Titan's atmosphere in this mod is just 25 km thick. Is there a reason for this, since the real one extends to like 1000 km due to low gravity and massive atmosphere? Even with SFS's scaling down it should still be somewhat taller than Earth's.
It is quite a bit thicker than earth's in the game though. I haven't tried launching off it yet, but I know I won't enjoy it.

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
I've started working on some new textures for this planet pack. They are based around the Vanilla look of the game, instead of pictures of the planets themselves.

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Well, yeah, everything's scaled down from the actual values.
Though, it's a bit surprising that this one actually scales down instead of scaling up relative to the planet as other planetary atmospheres do.

Also, last time I check this mod, for some reason Enceladus is bigger than Earth. Is the link at the front the latest version? If not, where can I get it?

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Though, it's a bit surprising that this one actually scales down instead of scaling up relative to the planet as other planetary atmospheres do.

Also, last time I check this mod, for some reason Enceladus is bigger than Earth. Is the link at the front the latest version? If not, where can I get it?
Enceladus is one of the ones that still needs to be updated (it's in real size still). There is an updated version of this on page 2.

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
So I'm considering installing this mod (up to Saturn, to save some headache on replacing the textures). The version is 1.1, the latest version I knew about.

Review:
The textures are decent (well, tbh this part doesn't really matter to me; I'm replacing all of them with my textures anyways), but holy hell it's shocking how inconsistent and, pardon me, badly done the planets are, physically. In the Saturn system alone, the scales are completely messed up, with Enceladus and Titan being the biggest offenders. Spent dozens of minutes trying to fix the thing up. I hope the next version includes a fix and perhaps a guide to the scales in this mod, thanks.

Last edited:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend