The Constellation of Eternia: A Game of Seven Stars

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Admiral, will installing Eternia affect Earth and its SOI (objects currently in it)?
Nope, Objects ONLY in Earth's SOI will not be affected. Objects anywhere else will be destroyed, or make the quicksave unloadable.

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Nope, Objects ONLY in Earth's SOI will not be affected. Objects anywhere else will be destroyed, or make the quicksave unloadable.
Why not change the sun's orbit to be like- 8.65x10^20 meters away from the central black hole (CBH)? Then no problems will occur

EDIT: Problem solved

Attachments

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Why not change the sun's orbit to be like- 8.65x10^20 meters away from the central black hole (CBH)? Then no problems will occur
The problem is not planet editing: is quicksave.

As you know, SFS uses something like "adress": "Earth" to save the position of an object in Space.

So, if he has something in, for example: Mars, it will save as: "adress": "Mars". But Mars is not on Eternia, So that craft will either be destroyed, or the whole quicksave won't load.

This is the third time I have to explain this...

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
The problem is not planet editing: is quicksave.

As you know, SFS uses something like "adress": "Earth" to save the position of an object in Space.

So, if he has something in, for example: Mars, it will save as: "adress": "Mars". But Mars is not on Eternia, So that craft will either be destroyed, or the whole quicksave won't load.

This is the third time I have to explain this...
Well, if you just move the sun to a far-away place, you move all sun-orbiting planets as well! bruh

T

TtTOtW

Bruh, I challenge you:

send a Spacecraft to Jupiter, save the game, install Eternia and try to load your previous save file on Eternia.

Enjoy the result ;)
Lol. Gurren Lagann, none of the real life planets exist in eternia except Earth... so you'll be throwing the app a major curveball by telling it to load your base on Mars... but Mars simply doesn't exist. So what to do with that base? App says either: delete base, or: I give up.

T

TtTOtW

Lol. Gurren Lagann, none of the real life planets exist in eternia except Earth... so you'll be throwing the app a major curveball by telling it to load your base on Mars... but Mars simply doesn't exist. So what to do with that base? App says either: delete base, or: I give up.
And if you do keep the standard planets, you are left with the omission of Earth from Velkarion system.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Did you even read my reply?
Did you read mine? And Sun with all Its planets Can't be on Eternia cause Eternia is for Ficticional planets ONLY!
THANK YOU!

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Sorry to interfere but... Isn't it more simple to save game and then to install Eternia? Then just revert to the save once you uninstall it...

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Sorry to interfere but... Isn't it more simple to save game and then to install Eternia? Then just revert to the save once you uninstall it...
Yes, that's exactly what you have to do. I have two separated Persistant.qks files. One for Eternia and one for Career Mode.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Admiral, you make me laugh :)
You can do it, I mean Gurren Lagann and I have repeated the same arguments three times, each of us without understanding the other. He didn't seem to understand that the Sun and the Sun System was not on Eternia, and I didn't understand that his point was based on the belief that the Sun System was on Eternia, repeating the same argument thrice!

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
You can do it, I mean Gurren Lagann and I have repeated the same arguments three times, each of us without understanding the other. He didn't seem to understand that the Sun and the Sun System was not on Eternia, and I didn't understand that his point was based on the belief that the Sun System was on Eternia, repeating the same argument thrice!
Yeah sorry... Working days on the same pack while dealing with a framerate of 3 seconds per frame is a bit infuriating and i'm a bit tired nowdays...

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Great Pack! I also can't wait for eternia 2! I really want you to add the SR2 system.
First of all, welcome to the Forums :) And Thank you, I see you used Ankhman for your profile pic. That's great.

Abou the SR2 system, That's gonna be hard. My phone can barely take the current Eternia, and I still need to Add the comets. So, I'll probably concentrate on that.

S

Spacey1100

First of all, welcome to the Forums :) And Thank you, I see you used Ankhman for your profile pic. That's great.

Abou the SR2 system, That's gonna be hard. My phone can barely take the current Eternia, and I still need to Add the comets. So, I'll probably concentrate on that.
Good luck Blazer! I really appreciate Eternia!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spacey1100

Since you're making Eternia 2, I wish you good luck. Btw I'm pumped up for it ;).

S

Spacey1100

I remember trying to get a gravity assist on Nergal to decelerate, I instead accelerated and flew into Velkarion. :p

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
I remember trying to get a gravity assist on Nergal to decelerate, I instead accelerated and flew into Velkarion. :p
Actually, a gravity assist from Nergal is the easiest way to make interstellar on Eternia. You can make both Nergal push you to the desired system, or put your periapsis close to Velkarion to use Its massive Oberth Effect.

S

Spacey1100

Actually, a gravity assist from Nergal is the easiest way to make interstellar on Eternia. You can make both Nergal push you to the desired system, or put your periapsis close to Velkarion to use Its massive Oberth Effect.
Okay thanks, I've mastered gravity assists now. ;)