JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Turns out my camera I got didn't work so I swapped it for a Zenit-E camera made in the USSR
159750107197790779195.jpg

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I got it! I checked the stacked image and I can make out Andromeda! Just have to finish editing later then I’ll post it here.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I really can’t express how happy I am right now! Around two-ish weeks ago I decided I wanted to try out Astrophotography and I finally have something to show for it. For my first attempt at ever imaging a DSO I really couldn’t ask for more. There is definitely room for improvement, but I’d say this is a really solid start!

Details About The Image:
-150 light frames (8 seconds each)
-30 dark frames
-52 bias frames
-Total exposure time of 27mn 19s
-ISO-1600
-Aperture 5.6
Gear:
-Celestron PowerSeeker 127eq (used purely as a tripod)
-Intervelometer
-Canon Rebel XT
-Lense Canon 18-55mm kit lense (55mm)
Image Processing:
-Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker
-Edited in GIMP
-Stretched the image
-Layer masks to help bring out more of the image
-Played around with colour correction

C2802A85-F164-4E3C-812B-A1C4FF3EFF34.jpeg

If you have questions or suggestions/tips please feel free to let me know.

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
2AE832EE-06C0-454D-A6DC-5F77C5558E1C.jpeg

Saw this nice cloud earlier...

0F74AE1C-1454-42AC-9B76-F20D57B577C2.jpeg

Took this a few weeks ago. I had to walk for a half an hour and I still hadn’t left town.

849C2D8D-616B-4E08-843A-B2EDD4B4FE8D.jpeg

Scrolled for a while through my photos and it turns out that gap between those two trees seems to have a lot of clouds.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
After around four hours and maybe fifteen failed attempts I finally got my second image stacked. Time for editing!

Well here’s some random:
(Sorry for the industrial crudity theme)
C6A7110C-1644-4142-A224-8EEE5B444681.jpeg
This is an aisle of baled aluminum cans, I think there were another 3 rows up here and that’s just an overflow lot;
Each bale is about 2’x3’x5’,
3.5’ is about a meter for all yooo people
...I swear this about 5% of the stock here, place is friggin China huge
A25E4BBB-BDF2-4F26-B605-B41E79A8C5D6.jpeg

Turkeys on the way to death camp, wish I could catch a good pic, you’d never eat industry meat again;
The expressway wind blows their feathers off so they get bald asses and heads or whatever gets pinned to the outside, in the winter they get frost bite, it is truly awful
E6D0FE03-5EF0-4F2D-B8EC-232A36688367.jpeg
Something nice...
This is my solar power tower, um, let’s say 4x4m base with 1m deep concrete footings, about 8m to the top rail;
Just got the panels up there but not installed yet, also a nice observatory perch so I better have a scope for the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction...hill to the north, that comet was just not in a good spot :/

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Well here’s some random:
(Sorry for the industrial crudity theme) View attachment 44020 This is an aisle of baled aluminum cans, I think there were another 3 rows up here and that’s just an overflow lot;
...I swear this about 5% of the stock here, place is friggin China huge View attachment 44019
Turkeys on the way to death camp, wish I could catch a good pic, you’d never eat industry meat again;
The expressway wind blows their feathers off so they get bald asses and heads or whatever gets pinned to the outside, in the winter they get frost bite, it is truly awful View attachment 44018 Something nice...
This is my solar power tower, um, let’s say 4x4m base with 1m deep concrete footings, about 8m to the top rail;
Just got the panels up there but not installed yet, also a nice observatory perch so I better have a scope for the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction...hill to the north, that comet was just not in a good spot :/
I started planing out how I’m gonna go about capturing the Jupiter Saturn conjunction a few weeks ago. Found out while speeding up time in a sky map type app on my phone. I’m excited! That is a pretty sweet tower you got.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Alright here is my second DSO image. This one is of the North American Nebula! My computer loved processing this one, although it is strange as it is less photos that my one from two nights ago. I’m really happy with the colours on this one, I think it really makes the nebulae stand out. I would like to work on improving my focus in these photos as I think that will definitely improve the overall quality of them. It is kinda hard to focus without a live view camera, but I’ll make it work.

Here are the details. Most are the same as my previous photo, so this will mostly be a copy of that.

Details About The Image:
-153 light frames (8 seconds each)
-30 dark frames
-30 bias frames
-Total exposure time of 20mn 23s
-ISO 1600
-Aperture 5.6
Gear:
-Intervelometer
-Canon Rebel XT
Image Processing:
-Edited in GIMP
-Stretched the image
BF97CCC0-0E32-492F-A6F2-208A631E5A1C.jpeg

*Had to lower the quality a bit to fit the forum file size limit.

Last edited:

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Well here’s some random:
(Sorry for the industrial crudity theme) View attachment 44020 This is an aisle of baled aluminum cans, I think there were another 3 rows up here and that’s just an overflow lot;
...I swear this about 5% of the stock here, place is friggin China huge View attachment 44019
The expressway wind blows their feathers off so they get bald asses and heads or whatever gets pinned to the outside, in the winter they get frost bite, it is truly awful View attachment 44018 Something nice...
By the way, do you happen to be a semi driver by chance? Your turkey picture looks like you are driving one.

T

TtTOtW

Alright here is my second DSO image. This one is of the North American Nebula! My computer loved processing this one, although it is strange as it is less photos that my one from two nights ago. I’m really happy with the colours on this one, I think it really makes the nebulae stand out. I would like to work on improving my focus in these photos as I think that will definitely improve the overall quality of them. It is kinda hard to focus without a live view camera, but I’ll make it work.

Here are the details. Most are the same as my previous photo, so this will mostly be a copy of that.

Details About The Image:
-153 light frames (8 seconds each)
-30 dark frames
-30 bias frames
-Total exposure time of 20mn 23s
-ISO 1600
-Aperture 5.6
Gear:
-Intervelometer
-Canon Rebel XT
Image Processing:
-Edited in GIMP
-Stretched the image
View attachment 44021
*Had to lower the quality a bit to fit the forum file size limit.
This is awesome. But this
I really can’t express how happy I am right now! Around two-ish weeks ago I decided I wanted to try out Astrophotography and I finally have something to show for it. For my first attempt at ever imaging a DSO I really couldn’t ask for more. There is definitely room for improvement, but I’d say this is a really solid start!

Details About The Image:
-150 light frames (8 seconds each)
-30 dark frames
-52 bias frames
-Total exposure time of 27mn 19s
-ISO-1600
-Aperture 5.6
Gear:
-Intervelometer
-Canon Rebel XT
Image Processing:
-Edited in GIMP
-Stretched the image

View attachment 43976

If you have questions or suggestions/tips please feel free to let me know.
is incredible! Dude did you see the GALAXY in the bottom left corner?!?!

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
This is awesome. But this

is incredible! Dude did you see the GALAXY in the bottom left corner?!?!
Yeah, that is Andromeda! I was intending on it being in the middle of the frame, but I guess I was a bit off during shooting. Oh well, just another reason to try shooting it again.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Here is a couple more images I have taken over the past few weeks. The moon one is just a reprocessed image from a few months ago though. Recently got a newer camera and better lens so going to test those out in the next couple days from some darker skies than at home!
D063BC66-0705-479B-B741-7D61E793F455.jpeg
96120FF1-F6D7-4A6F-989A-BACB7D740697.jpeg
2EC74ECD-5AF8-4DD4-8ECC-F1DC41630F94.jpeg

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Cool, little green galaxy and planets?
Mars should be good about now
Yeah, that’s another shot of Andromeda. Mars is a good target, yet to try imaging it.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Wow, that must be some wide angle lens?
Nice, never seen it resolved like that
Yeah, it was shot on a 55mm lens. I recently upgraded my camera and got a higher focal length lens so I’m excited to try those out. Hopefully I’ll be able to resolve more detail.