Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Here is my first attempt at an HDR Moon photo. It is a composite of a few images which make up the end product. It isn’t great by any stretch, but I like it. Still have a lot of room for improvement!
3DE10AD8-3282-435A-8472-67E6A33BDC9F.jpeg

39F001E3-2F59-403A-803C-72FC4504E8DE.jpeg
Finally got racks set up for solar panels
AF6A8738-50EF-4443-908C-DACF0C53AEF6.jpeg
Giant crickets invaded my bathtub, I gather them in a 5gal bucket they can’t jump out of and feed them to the trout in the creek, some of them swim to safety, so they got a sporting chance
67C87A4C-A462-4404-A47D-5EAFE247BFA8.jpeg
57F04F0D-5DE6-4326-AE09-7B8115D844C4.jpeg
Driveway mushrooms
7E32DD73-3A50-4759-9B83-96C904EAB45D.jpeg
’Hearts a Burstin’ are thick this year, they got the oddest color scheme
802AB065-6A37-4801-9260-9058184A88DF.jpeg
Like Star Trek fruit, tricorder says don’t eat it

Aww, no pics of Mars near collision with the full moon :p
Things seem so slow until that happens, think it actually occulted in S America

Tonight (the 6th) is Mars’ opposition if I remember right

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I have finished processing what is my best Andromeda image to date. It is all untracked, and shot at 135mm using a Canon T5i, and Canon 75-300mm lens. I’m really happy with this one, and definitely see it as a step in the right direction. You can just begin to make out the dust lanes in M31 as well as the satellite galaxy of M110. More work to come soon!
9118C077-2A84-40F2-87D4-0DF9C4DA8FFD.jpeg

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Here is another photo from the editing process. Decided to post it because I think it looks cool, plus it brings out a lot of detail in the galaxy. I clearly have a lot of dust on the sensor, or lens so I got to give those a good cleaning.
137864D3-75A1-454C-8B71-7356BFDCDDC8.jpeg

Jupiter

the biggest planet in the solar system.
Registered
I have finished processing what is my best Andromeda image to date. It is all untracked, and shot at 135mm using a Canon T5i, and Canon 75-300mm lens. I’m really happy with this one, and definitely see it as a step in the right direction. You can just begin to make out the dust lanes in M31 as well as the satellite galaxy of M110. More work to come soon! View attachment 46652
damn dude! that looks insane!!! wish i had dark enough skies to do something like this... i see you dont have a tracking base, so for this kind of short exposure, and considering you did it on a T5i, is actually really really awesome! you should get a skywatcher star tracker. they are relatively cheap, and they can give you really good results. keep it up, you're doing great!

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
damn dude! that looks insane!!! wish i had dark enough skies to do something like this... i see you dont have a tracking base, so for this kind of short exposure, and considering you did it on a T5i, is actually really really awesome! you should get a skywatcher star tracker. they are relatively cheap, and they can give you really good results. keep it up, you're doing great!
I actually don’t have super dark skies where I am. I am in a bortle 6, but when I shoot Andromeda I am shooting directly into an 8-9 zone. Basically about as bad as it gets. I’m sure you are able to capture some good images where you are.

Currently I am waiting on a SWSA 2i to arrive. From there the real fun begins!

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
A little bit more improvement! Captured more frames on Andromeda last night, and had the computer running all day to process it. Decided to go with DSS to see how big of an improvement it would provide, and that along with more integration time provided a cleaner image than my one from last week. The colors got really desaturated during post processing, so I am planning on reworking it tomorrow.
7C273533-04A7-4E9D-9BF0-DBD0DE8CE381.jpeg
1B7AE6FE-11C4-4932-B88A-F3D467BB4B21.jpeg

All the same settings were used for last nights imaging except for my iso being 800 instead of 1600. Didn’t make too much of a difference in the end though as I stacked images from both nights. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to post a better color image.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Here is a couple of images. First one is a reprocessed shot of Andromeda from a few days ago, and the second one is my first attempt at the Triangulum Galaxy! Happy with how they turned out, definitely starting to get a workflow going. I should hopefully be able to get a star tracker in a month or two, so super excited for that. Should definitely help reduce overall noise.
6F098570-2965-4646-994D-3C3093C95461.jpeg
B60E276F-97A3-4FB9-94F1-ECC0B03D1B0C.jpeg

Jupiter

Registered
Here is a couple of images. First one is a reprocessed shot of Andromeda from a few days ago, and the second one is my first attempt at the Triangulum Galaxy! Happy with how they turned out, definitely starting to get a workflow going. I should hopefully be able to get a star tracker in a month or two, so super excited for that. Should definitely help reduce overall noise. View attachment 47261 View attachment 47262
holy crap dude! these are really amazing!!!! good job. like, for real. i wish i could take some like these... seriously, dont stop, keep doing it and never give up at it. the noise can be improved a bit, and the light pollution footprint is still clearly visible, but you have improved a lot! i can even see the spiralling pattern on the triangulum galaxy, and the dust streaks on andromeda. the amount of detail on these pictures for the equipment you're using is just amazing. seriously good job and keep it up! one thing i would highly recommend is that you start taking darks and flats. darks are well... darks, pictures taken with the same settings as the light pictures but with the lid on. those are used for suppressing that horrible noise. and flats are for correcting other things. but you really need to start taking darks. look it up, it will help you soooo much!

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
holy crap dude! these are really amazing!!!! good job. like, for real. i wish i could take some like these... seriously, dont stop, keep doing it and never give up at it. the noise can be improved a bit, and the light pollution footprint is still clearly visible, but you have improved a lot! i can even see the spiralling pattern on the triangulum galaxy, and the dust streaks on andromeda. the amount of detail on these pictures for the equipment you're using is just amazing. seriously good job and keep it up! one thing i would highly recommend is that you start taking darks and flats. darks are well... darks, pictures taken with the same settings as the light pictures but with the lid on. those are used for suppressing that horrible noise. and flats are for correcting other things. but you really need to start taking darks. look it up, it will help you soooo much!
Thanks, it means a ton! Noise is definitely still prevalent, but I just got to get more exposure time which is hopefully where the tracker comes in. I am currently taking darks and bias frames, but have been too lazy to get any flat frames. I’ll get around to it soon though. I definitely plan on keeping it up though. Going to try and shoot the Orion Nebula early tomorrow morning if the clouds clear up. I’m excited!

Jupiter

Registered
Thanks, it means a ton! Noise is definitely still prevalent, but I just got to get more exposure time which is hopefully where the tracker comes in. I am currently taking darks and bias frames, but have been too lazy to get any flat frames. I’ll get around to it soon though. I definitely plan on keeping it up though. Going to try and shoot the Orion Nebula early tomorrow morning if the clouds clear up. I’m excited!
thats amazing! keep it up. exited to see that orion nebula image!

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I heavily debated getting out of bed at 4:45 this morning, but the clouds had cleared and I wanted to take advantage of it. Here is two versions of the great Orion Nebula! It is currently my first of the winter targets that I have shot. There are two images, the final product, and a starless version from mid-processing. Couldn’t be more happy with the result, it was definitely worth sitting in the cold and dark for a few hours.
9D257CAB-AEE9-4AEF-8C34-B38BD52E2215.jpeg
3D540A1A-A84C-4914-9D4D-4C26CAF88B64.jpeg

Also forgot to mention I decided to try imaging at 200mm for the first time so there is a wee bit of star trailing, but not enough to bother me. Imagine in general was much easier than M33 as I could actually make out my target in each subframe.