NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v5.1.5 is now released.

Version text in the main menu has been changed to show how many mods are loaded, similar to Minecraft's Forge modloader.
1691119194897.png

Advanced info will now display as an addition to the vanilla UI by default. You can change it back to being a floating window if you'd like via a new toggle in the config menu.
1691119271227.png

1691119296524.png

Typing "reset" as a console command will now relaunch the game. This is mainly a creature comfort for mod devs but it may be nice for normal users as well.

ILovespace3

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Hey, NeptuneSky . Here is a cool idea, how about you add a way to reverse time? I case you make some major mistakes. Also so that I don't have to go back an insane amount of time to redo stuff.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hey, NeptuneSky . Here is a cool idea, how about you add a way to reverse time? I case you make some major mistakes. Also so that I don't have to go back an insane amount of time to redo stuff.
And how would that work? Should the game replay your actions backwards? Stages would "unseparate", debris would "uncrash" and that kind of things? :p

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
While technically possible, this would take such an insane amount of work that it's not feasible in the slightest. Just use revert 30 seconds button.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
While technically possible, this would take such an insane amount of work that it's not feasible in the slightest. Just use revert 30 seconds button.
could you make a revert 1 minute button? 30 seconds is too brief and 3 minutes is too long.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
could you make a revert 1 minute button? 30 seconds is too brief and 3 minutes is too long.
not a bad idea, I'll look into allowing you to change the revert times on the existing buttons. not going to make a custom revert button because adding new buttons to menus is a pain in the ass.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
not a bad idea, I'll look into allowing you to change the revert times on the existing buttons. not going to make a custom revert button because adding new buttons to menus is a pain in the ass.
Could a dropdown with numbers work?

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I downloaded this, and now I can't find the window for Cucumberspace's PartEditor mod.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I downloaded this, and now I can't find the window for Cucumberspace's PartEditor mod.
This mod in no way tampers with part editor so logically there should be no connection, if you could post logs from the f1 menu right when you open the game that'd be helpful

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
This mod in no way tampers with part editor so logically there should be no connection, if you could post logs from the f1 menu right when you open the game that'd be helpful
It looks like the game isn't loading the mod for some reason:
Screenshot 2023-09-02 100747.png

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v5.1.6 is now out. snapping and adapting toggles are now buttons on the vanilla ui rather than in their own floating window. If you need it to be in a floating window you can just get the separate Build Settings mod, the buttons will still be hidden if you have that installed.

1693893925019.png

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Well, I guess now I have to explain the bug I mentioned somewhere else.

Basically, when I timewarp way to god damn fast really quick, sometimes the rocket (because VanillaUpgrades stops the rocket once it enters a SOI) just gets... Well. It gets trapped in this weird place where it can't move. If one tries to navigate to it, delta-v markings and the transfer window won't show up. Engines, fairings, separators, and any other activatable objects do no not function. The delta-v calculator says the delta-v is zero.
Screenshot 2023-11-26 185542.png

For example, this unfortunate mission to Mercury that ended up in this precarious situation. It is completely stuck, and cannot move.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Well, I guess now I have to explain the bug I mentioned somewhere else.

Basically, when I timewarp way to god damn fast really quick, sometimes the rocket (because VanillaUpgrades stops the rocket once it enters a SOI) just gets... Well. It gets trapped in this weird place where it can't move. If one tries to navigate to it, delta-v markings and the transfer window won't show up. Engines, fairings, separators, and any other activatable objects do no not function. The delta-v calculator says the delta-v is zero.
View attachment 110897
For example, this unfortunate mission to Mercury that ended up in this precarious situation. It is completely stuck, and cannot move.
Ah, I actually know exactly what causes this and I thought I fixed it. It's because you skipped all the way through the soi in under a frame. I tried to add some mitigation for that but clearly it hasn't worked. I should really find a less jank method of detecting soi entrance.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Ah, I actually know exactly what causes this and I thought I fixed it. It's because you skipped all the way through the soi in under a frame. I tried to add some mitigation for that but clearly it hasn't worked. I should really find a less jank method of detecting soi entrance.
That mission was like 2 months ago... I guess I haven't updated it yet?