War Thunder

• Thread starter The Dark in the Light
  • Start date
T

The Dark in the Light

1618289048852.png

Two (of three) 7.5mm machine guns can work wonders when your desperate. A MiG-3 had climbed up to me and attacked, of course from behind. He kept up for a little bit while I blazed away with the 7.5mms, and did get some critical hits. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take him out right then and there, as he pulled of from his attack run and left me alone. He crashed a little while later and I got the kill.

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
sketch1618424299604.png

Thank you gaijin, very cool.

this is my favorite plane (for now). its a dive bomber so not my favorite to climb to high altitude (you could see there are some bomb).
shot 2021.01.13 17.10.04.jpg

Searcher Space Agency

Scientific Exploration Missions
Fly me to the Moon
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I love b-18 and b-34.B-18 has some big punch to the enemy bases and B-34 can pretend like a figther-bomber because of it speed and manueverability.

Earl

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Here's a tip for anyone playing the Tiger H1 or Tiger E:
Always angle your armour!
That basically applies to any ground vehicle in game as far as I'm aware. Also, try side scraping. You'll find that your tank will be even harder to kill.
97q5UqD.png

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
That basically applies to any ground vehicle in game as far as I'm aware. Also, try side scraping. You'll find that your tank will be even harder to kill.
View attachment 61311
It's more a thing for Tigers in russian made wargames though. Cos apparently having 100mm of frontal armour made it really vulnerable to being straight shotted through the glacis by T-34s

T

The Dark in the Light

It's more a thing for Tigers in russian made wargames though. Cos apparently having 100mm of frontal armour made it really vulnerable to being straight shotted through the glacis by T-34s
Don't forget Shermans armed with a 76mm or Fireflys.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Don't forget Shermans armed with a 76mm or Fireflys.
See that's the thing. Tigers were vulnerable to 17pdr Firefly and Easy 8 76mm guns from the front out to tremendous distances.

However, a 76mm T-34 basically had to fucking ram a Tiger if it wanted to cause damage face on.

Earl

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Screenshot_20210423-222140~2.png

I got a tank destroyer with an interesting name

T

The Dark in the Light

View attachment 61435
I got a tank destroyer with an interesting name
Hehe, I have that one. Haven't used it yet but at some point I will. And I see you have quite the vehicle loadout. I would suggest skipping the Tiger H1 and go for the Tiger E as the cupola isn't a huge weak point, and 5.7 has been pretty stable for me. Have you tried the Hs 129 B-3 yet?

T

The Dark in the Light

1619299207244.png

Now this is how you use the Tiger E. I was always angling my armour and picking my fights.

Soyuzturtle

«★★★» Grand Admiral «★★★» // PT
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
War Thunder has announced rank 7 aircraft and I'm hyped. Couple Reddit posts here.

First someone made a reworked and expanded American tech tree now with everything from B-25s to F-35s.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/mxqjjn
Then someone made some stat cards for possible new jets.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/mxrill
What do you guys think about getting some of these vehicles? I definitely wouldn't mind getting f-14s , typhoons or an AC-130 to joyride in.

I do wonder about the proposed naval tree in the first Reddit post though. At the top tier your USS John Paul Jones' and USS Anzios will fighting alongside ships like the USS Missouri and Montana. Would definitely be fun but would break the emersion a tad.

T

The Dark in the Light

War Thunder has announced rank 7 aircraft and I'm hyped. Couple Reddit posts here.

First someone made a reworked and expanded American tech tree now with everything from B-25s to F-35s.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/mxqjjn
Then someone made some stat cards for possible new jets.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/mxrill
What do you guys think about getting some of these vehicles? I definitely wouldn't mind getting f-14s , typhoons or an AC-130 to joyride in.

I do wonder about the proposed naval tree in the first Reddit post though. At the top tier your USS John Paul Jones' and USS Anzios will fighting alongside ships like the USS Missouri and Montana. Would definitely be fun but would break the emersion a tad.
I think adding more jets and modern weaponry isn't a good idea. The game is already unbalanced as it is and more stuff would probably break it even more. As for naval, I don't think having guided missile destroyers is a good idea either. As for battleships, for the most part I'll stay neutral, though it'll likely be only other battleships and aircraft being able to sink a battleship, unless it's a Type 93 Torpedo.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I think adding more jets and modern weaponry isn't a good idea. The game is already unbalanced as it is and more stuff would probably break it even more. As for naval, I don't think having guided missile destroyers is a good idea either. As for battleships, for the most part I'll stay neutral, though it'll likely be only other battleships and aircraft being able to sink a battleship, unless it's a Type 93 Torpedo.
Well that's a product of the MOAR UPDATE philosophy. Eventually, regular updates means you run out of real aircraft. Then you run out of obscure, overpowered paper-exercises. And finally you're stuck with adding the next era up in order to keep pumping out content.
Add a very limited number of tiers.
Rinse and repeat until you're in the modern era and there's F-22s and guided missile destroyers in the top tier, fighting basically WWII/Korea equipment. A guided missile destroyer should essentially be able to sit on a map border and destroy every surface target in play within a few minutes of game start.

And for an idea of just how OP an Raptor is against even top line gen 4 aircraft, watch this video of an F-22 in DCS basically rendering everything around it obsolete.

Soyuzturtle

«★★★» Grand Admiral «★★★» // PT
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Balancing definitely is required.
I do hope before they update it that they balance things out more , I definitely wouldn't enjoy constantly getting blown to bits to by the same things more than already happens.
Another thing though , how do you think matches with F-22s and F-35s would work? There's really not much that would be fair opponents for them and a game full of only variants of the same planes would be no fun. Maybe teams with those planes get less players than others?

T

The Dark in the Light

Balancing definitely is required.
I do hope before they update it that they balance things out more , I definitely wouldn't enjoy constantly getting blown to bits to by the same things more than already happens.
I highly doubt Gaijin will balance the game, so we can only hope for balanced War Thunder, and it is quite annoying to get front penned by APDS from a kilometer away while you're driving a King Tiger (happened to me once).
Another thing though , how do you think matches with F-22s and F-35s would work? There's really not much that would be fair opponents for them and a game full of only variants of the same planes would be no fun. Maybe teams with those planes get less players than others?
Tbh I'm not sure. It'll likely just be a match full of the same variants, unless someone decides to bring a biplane.