Search results

1. Prox_xima

PEx Shapes+ (a different kind of pack)

Like a flat box-like rectangular prism with the cargo-x pattern?
  2. Prox_xima

PEx Basics+ Texture Pack

Snek-pek of the new "Cupola" texture in action coming soon... This is based on the ISS cupola module, and was simplified to fit in with the look of other vanilla parts. Interestingly, this texture is formatted to always show the correct size cupola, so it will always be proportioned to a...
  3. Prox_xima

Project Dawnbreak - Beyond the Stars

TRANSMISSION PEx TO Phoenix Aerospace BEGIN. Our contracting schedule has just had an opening, is Project Dawnbreak still considering new member applicants? TRANSMISSION END.
  4. Prox_xima

Goodbye

I'm so sorry for your loss and hope you feel more at peace in due time. May they live on in your memories and continue enrich your life with the wisdom they've shared. Our hearts go out to you in welcoming and understanding. And if you stay sad sad, remember to just go outside for a while now...
  5. Prox_xima

Jupiter III and Jupiter V

Exactly the type of forward thinking this company needs
  6. Prox_xima

Community planet pack

I'm trying to make the files, but it will take me a while I'm quite new to it all
  7. Prox_xima

Jupiter III and Jupiter V

It saves a bit of development cost too by being semi-modular, right? I want to believe that's how it works
  8. Prox_xima

Community planet pack

Ok, here is my addition: Planet "Achille", based on the real, confirmed exoplanet Proxima Centauri b. The planet is tidally locked (hence the shading) within the habitat zone of its star, Proxima Centauri. It has an active atmosphere that is about 2x thicker than Earth's and driven by thermal...
  9. Prox_xima

Community planet pack

Quick question, what software do you use for planet sculpting? I am attempting to use Terragen, but I fear that is beyond my ability at the moment.
  10. Prox_xima

Community planet pack

Oop sorry, let me whip something up real quick
  11. Prox_xima

Advanced Custom Texture Editing - Texture File Scaling Cheat Sheet

Well, it's pinned now, so let me earn my place up here. I would like to make one correction to an error I found when making the shapes pack. This bit here, is wrong: Setting the final segment's "height" value to "Infinity" is the complicated option: It will stretch your segment image...
  12. Prox_xima

I'm fairly sure struts require the color texture file to have transparency, so it wouldn't be feasible as a shape texture, but I will play around with it and make something soon
  13. Prox_xima

Delta-V calculator

Now that is a beautiful detail. That's a great use, too, for quickly verifying the potential of rockets with engines from your upcoming interstellar pack
  14. Prox_xima

Haha wow that's a lot of images!! Happy to be of service :)
  15. Prox_xima

Yeah that one is a favorite, it was difficult to edit
  16. Prox_xima

the Mars Return SSTO Challenge (Via EmberSkyMedia)

Oh I needed that haha, I've just been saying all the letters. But it feels like a missed opportunity to nickname it a "Stellar" ... But wait! Maybe that could be the name for a craft designed to travel interstellar distances in a single stage (Single stage To Escape, Landing, And Return) so it...
  17. Prox_xima

the Mars Return SSTO Challenge (Via EmberSkyMedia)

Edit: if you want to be more specific, this could be classified as an SSTLAR (Single Stage to Landing and Return)
  18. Prox_xima

Pathfinder & C-5 Development Thread (Shuttle and Plane) FAM Recreation

This whole project is incredible! Profile view rocket aerodynamics and thrust angling are so freaking difficult for me so I know this took some work, but... eXcUsE mE?! HaLf An hOuR?! And that animation is slicker than a sunscreen salesman
  19. Prox_xima

just a little while longer...

I was so hyped before they released 1.5.10 haha, but ultimately it's just a number. I just hope they stay on the path of progress and don't abandon the whole thing
  20. Prox_xima

Binary orbital speed

Interesting, thanks for the clarification *tips hat*
  21. Prox_xima

just a little while longer...

22. Prox_xima

Binary orbital speed

Just curious here, would it be possible to have two, overlapping barycenter objects (one for each of the binary bodies) with different masses, calibrated in a way that makes the orbital periods equal at the bodies' two different sma's? One of the overlapping barycenters could have a 0-radius SOI...
  23. Prox_xima

PEx Shapes+ The only texture pack with NO color textures! 10 brand new shape concepts with a crisp stock-like aesthetic! Unlock hundreds of new texture combinations! Layer these shapes with other texture packs! The ultimate expansion pack for shape & shadow options! You've all used texture...
  24. Prox_xima

Altaïr's crazy stuff

I knew it!!! Your cheeky lies...
  25. Prox_xima

Module Texture pack 1.1

A well assembled pack, the more options the better, I think. Now we just need someone to make a mod for better navigating all the texture thumbnails in the build screen :)