Search results

1. Pink

Member of the Year 2023 Voting Thread.

Nominations list in alphabetical order: Lemniscate Biscuit Orion Sportgus The epic chicken UN Cosmo Navy zTallsRobot You can only vote for 1, and the poll closes in 9 days. Yes, you can change your votes until it closes. Strictly one vote per human.
  2. Pink

Member of the year 2023

Hello all, welcome to the 2023 MOTY announcement and nomination thread. Here you'll nominate who you feel deserves to be called member of the year for their contributions to the forum in 2023. :) To nominate someone, give their name and why you think they should be a nominee. Previously the...
  3. Pink

Marmilo's retirement

Marmilo is retiring from staff to focus on school and other hobbies. Wish him a happy retirement everyone. Hopefully with SFS involved. :)
  4. Pink

Moon's real life projects thread

(yes, you can make your own thread if you want to document something you made! I'm sure we'd like to see it) I'll start with documenting something from last year, I believe in July or August 2022. the mkI version of the line of small desktop rover tanks I was working on as a hobby. It was...
  5. Pink

SFS Asteroid Contest Winner

Hello SFS Community! Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest! We hope you enjoyed participating in it as much as we enjoyed running it! Sadly we did not receive enough submissions to warrant 9 winners, and truth be told we got less than we were hoping for at 15 submissions total...
  6. Pink

Team Judges

Hello everyone! I have two announcements to make. One is that we are looking into overhauling the rank system. To this end, we'd welcome any feedback about the current system, or ideas for improvements. Suggest them to us here or in a DM. :) Don't expect the new system to come out soon, it's a...
  7. Pink

SFS Asteroid Creations Contest

Hello Everyone! The discord, forums, and subreddit are all taking part in a new contest! The theme of this contest is do whatever you want at the captured asteroid orbiting Earth! Do you want to build a massive base on it? Build a station orbiting it? Perhaps surround the entire thing in a...
  8. Pink

Retirement of Soyuzturtle

Long-time member Soyuzturtle has stepped down from the mod team. Wishing him luck in his future endeavours. :)
  9. Pink

Security reminders

Hello everyone. This year we've had some problems with forum accounts being compromised and taken over by spam bots. As far we can observe, it is only likely to happen in several ways, the most relevant of which are: If you reuse your log-in details on other websites that get hacked, because...
  10. Pink

Results for MOTY and Forum Legend 2022

Drumroll please. Time to announce the winners. For Forum Legend 2022, it appears the winner is... It is with great pleasure that I announce that for MOTY 2022, the winners are.... [/SPOILER][/SPOILER] Thank you for tuning in to the awards channel, and don't forget to tune in again next year...
  11. Pink

Forum Legend 2022 voting

This is the voting thread for 2022 forum legend, as nominated by the forum staff. It closes on the 13th, one extra day due to the lateness of posting.
  12. Pink

New moderators

I am proud to present our two new moderators, yonkee and Marmilo ! They have been picked from the trial mods to become full mods. :) As for the trial mods that were not picked, I am happy to say that all their actions displayed during the trial showed promise and competence, and they are all...
  13. Pink

2022 Christmas Contest Winners.

It is with pleasure that I would like to announce that the winners are.... Drumroll Task one, presents under the christmas tree: Cresign ! Task two, capturing a present: Dyson Sphere ! Congratulations on your excellent submissions. :) It was difficult to pick the ultimate winners, there...
  14. Pink

Member of the Year 2022 - Nomination Thread

Now that 2022 is over it is time to choose who has contributed the most to the forums last year. Same as the first event back in 2018, for Member Of The Year, users nominate MOTY candidates and moderators vote for the winner. Forum Legend is the reverse, moderators nominate and users vote. Use...
  15. Pink

Christmas contest 2022

It's that time of the year again, so we're doing our second consecutive christmas contest! There are two different tasks you can try, and they don't depend on each other. The supplied world save has the initial conditions for both challenges. 1. The first task is present delivery. In the world...
  16. Pink

Simple rules for posting threads in Miscellaneous Downloads.

Include something, obviously. If it's a download, it should be attached to a post, either as a zip or individual files. GitHub links are also fine. If it's an app, Google play/app store link. If it's a website, link. If it's a blueprint, then it goes in Blueprints If it's a planet pack, then it...
  17. Pink

Simple rules for posting planet packs.

Include a download, obviously. Otherwise it probably goes in SFS General Discussion Should be attached to a post, either as a zip or individual files. GitHub links are also fine. Include pictures that show what your planet pack is, and a written description of it. Say whether it is yours, or...
  18. Pink

Interesting new stuff

IRISS Is the EU actually going to try compete with Starlink... without reusable rockets?o_O
  19. Pink

Meet the trial moderators

Hello everyone. I'm excited to announce that we now have a new group of trial moderators! Big welcome to Astatium_209, Marmilo, Mars Pathfinder, NSG, Octacorpus and yonkee They will be stalking the forum for a month or two whilst we test them... ;)
  20. Pink

Link to old (and obsolete) modloader mods

The sub-section we had for mods made for the old unofficial modloader (which do not work anymore) has been hidden to cause less confusion. For the purpose of leaving them still accessible for examining source code etc, they can be accessed at Old Modloader Mods
  21. Pink

IMPORTANT; PLEASE READ

This section is legacy, it contains mods made for the unofficial modloader that do not work anymore since SFS has now integrated an official modloader. It is only kept around for reference to the source code and other information useful to modders. Do NOT try to install these mods, they will NOT...
  22. Pink

Simple rules for posting blueprints

Include a blueprint, obviously. Otherwise it probably goes in SFS General Discussion Blueprints can either be a blueprint.txt (.bp for old versions) file, or a zipped/compressed file of the folder of the blueprint you want to post, or a sharing link. Ideally, you should post a sharing link for...
  23. Pink

Winners of the July contest.

First of all, you're amazing. :) We got lots of submissions this month, and it was hard to decide who should win. Foothold: Marmilo wins, because of his elaborate constructions AND good rocketry. Honorable mention to CST-100 for their rocketry, doing it all in one legal launch is impressive...
  24. Pink

Records

This is where SFS records will be kept, along with links to where they were submitted. List of records suggested, implemented so far: Forum Lightest Voyager Quest [SFS versions with engine heating(if relevant), and same terms as current voyager quest]: Astro826's Voyager quest (199.66t)...
  25. Pink

Mooncrasher Team Frontier 2.0

First up, Voyager quest. I was thinking of attempting to challenge Altaïr, who attempted the voyager quest himself HERE. He did it with 220.2t of launch mass. I managed 223.8t. Ah well, 1.6% more mass is close enough. :P Perhaps one day I'll get it with less. Without further ado, here's the...