Search results

1. SPQRALAN

Back to SFS celebration and fresh start

I haven't been playing SFS for 5 months(because of online school, anime, other games, house chores etc.) and now I decided to play it again. First I went to my previous game and cleaned up stuff in LEO more like I gave up after cleaning up 1% of junk Then I started a new game and finished the...
  2. SPQRALAN

Is no on here mentioning TianWen(天问) mission

Man. I haven't been on SFS forum for ages(since March 2020). Makes me feel like a new member here other than an active one. Anyways. Recently China launched its TianWen Mars mission. This means "questioning the sky." It consists of a orbiter, rover, and lander. Hope everyone is safe from...
  3. SPQRALAN

Mare Tranquilitas/Mare Serenitas

Send a building on the moon that represents the concept of Serenity and Tranquility. Tranquility noun 1. the quality or state of being tranquil; calm I present thee the arches of Tranquility located in Mare Tranquilitas
  4. SPQRALAN

Microbiology Discussion Board

With the recent outbreak of the Coronavirus in China and African Swine flu a few months ago, advancements in medicine and bio-engineering are more important than ever. Although no one here is a professional biologist or doctor, I still wish to open a discussion on these issues. You can post...
  5. SPQRALAN

Luxury Munar ships

Make a luxury ship that either orbits or lands on the moon. Single launch recommended, launchpad and orbital assembly not encouraged. Properties of Luxury Ships(not limited to the following) Quiet Low acceleration(g's) Do that by making low TWR. Think about it, is it more comfortable to...
  6. SPQRALAN

List of real life high Isp, low thrust engines

I'm looking for some high Isp, low thrust engines in real life(other than ions). I did a search with no good results. I'm doing a project on lunar landings and I'm researching on the best "trajectory" to do so with low TWR rockets. So I'm looking for a list of low thrust, high Isp engines. Thanks.
  7. SPQRALAN

What am I doing?

Making a useless heap at 00:30am that can't even reach LEO. It would've made a great parking lot for peasant rockets though. Now that I took a good look at it, maybe it should't be peasant parking, it should be teacher/artisan/skilled laborers parking.
  8. SPQRALAN

Funny Yahoo Answers Collection.

Before I explain what this is, Click here. Basically Yahoo Answers was an online forum/Q&A type website, after 2011(I think) the moderators became very inactive and trolls populated the website, posting ignorant questions are are funny. There are still real questions but this thread is for...
  9. SPQRALAN

Church doors?

This was inspired by this, which made me post this thread in this forum. This is a question I will ask: does this look like this title? Should I post this thing in Art instead l? Urgh I don't have not enough of this word in this post: "this."
  10. SPQRALAN

What's my mistake?

I want to get a 14.9ton payload to low lunar orbit moon while spending minimum fuel(base game). So I pulled up Altaïr's delta-V chart and plugged some numbers in the Tsiolkovsky Rocket Equation and my math just always go wrong. I'm trying to calculate the amount of 10t fuel blocks needed...
  11. SPQRALAN

How is this not aerodynamic?

Instead of complaining(like I did in the title) I will be a positive person and ask how do I make it more aerodynamic. This got to LEO perfectly fine without drag enabled(the wings are renewable), but when I enabled drag, this can only get to a maximum height of 25km. Look, I get it. The red...
  12. SPQRALAN

Horizontal takeoff and landing

After looking at some KSP SSTO videos from Matt Lowne, I got inspired and came up with this challenge. Take off and land horizontally while satisfying the following criteria No vertically pointing engines allowed(i.e. excluding RCS, no engines can generate vertical thrust) You are only allowed...
  13. SPQRALAN

When the moon gets in thy way

When you're doing a trans-venus injection and you can't see your trajrctory because of a moon encounter. OOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFF Now I will have to leave moon SOI which means unintended GA and my trajectory would be off. Moral of the story: Keep track of estimated burn time and velocity and look at...
  14. SPQRALAN

This emits an aura of awe but...

How do I get it to Low Kerbin Earth Orbit? After generating multiple concepts, developing possible solutions, and constructing my prototype, I have finally created a piece of architecture that resembles the beauty of the Minoan Palace of Knossos. The Knossos is a monumental building that...
  15. SPQRALAN

Can't believe I'm asking this Tourist/Dreamer level question.

If I told you: Make a first stage renewable rocket that can go to Mars and back, how heavy would your rocket be? Criteria: 100km Karman Line 1.5x SOI Final stage has 30 blocks of living space, excluding the capsule. Base Game parts only. This is NOT a challenge(which I why I'm posting this in...
  16. SPQRALAN

Sadness. Joy. Separations. Reunions. Full Moon. New Moon. Thousands of miles apart.

People will encounter sadness. People will encounter joy. People will experience separations. People will experience reunions. The moon will be waxing. The moon will be waning. The moon will be full. The moon will be new. We all hope to live long, and enjoy moon's beauty even thousands of miles...
  17. SPQRALAN

Jet/SSTO

The small cone .bp edit helped me a lot. This is the beginning of the Imperial Transportation Program. In the future, this will be updated to be more efficient, eco-friendly and more quiet.
  18. SPQRALAN

Docking ports with g=0.0001m/s^2

The docking ports' magnetic properties are actually cool. I could use them to inaccurately model celluar and protein behaviour in microgravity.
  19. SPQRALAN

A Lunar Dome

Celestial objects have always been an object of worship for polytheistic religions and ancient mythologies. Artifacts and paintings depict pictures of Artemis, Selene, Khonshu, 嫦娥. etc. Even in monotheistic religions like Christianity, the moon is a symbol of brightness in the dark night and it...
  20. SPQRALAN

Arch + pillared tower = architecture!

As a base game player, PC 1.35 is my heaven. In order to display the extent of how much I value PC 1.35, I made a piece of architecture that serves as a "religious building" dedicated to PC 1.35(sorry if I offend anyone by that statement). The blue, glowing, mesmerizing ion engines gently...
  21. SPQRALAN

Lunar Phtography Probe.

Look, I get it. This isn't anything special or cool. But I will use this to make a logo/icon for all my future lunar missions. I'm not sure how the copyright works here though. Texture image source citation: https://www.todaysnorthumberland.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2H6A4881.jpg
  22. SPQRALAN

Why are you you.

Why did you choose your profile picture, how is it significant, does it represent anything? Why did you choose your username? Why did you choose your signature? My Answer: I made my own profile picture by graphing an ellipse and putting some images and text on it. I am always a fan of the...
  23. SPQRALAN

Change in atmospheric settings

This only applies to me: An Act To provide relatively accurate atmospheric conditions, encourage the development of realistic Low Earth Orbit altitudes, and to increase the difficulty of the game. Declaration of Policy: 1) The Karman line will now be 100 kilometers in altitude according to the...
  24. SPQRALAN

Aaaachoooo! I got a cold.

I don't know where this post belongs but I think this is appropriate. I don't know why but I got a cold recently and I feel terrible and sick. In order for future cold medicines to work better, I was wondering how the rhinovirus would behave in microgravity and if it effects any of thr virus'...