Search results

1. Astatium_209

Astatium's real life projects thread

(yes, you can make your own thread if you want to document something you made! I'm sure we'd like to see it) I'm working on an actively controlled model rocket. It's 5 cm in diameter, a bit under 40 cm tall, and weighs around 250 g with a full motor. The motor used is a Klima D3-P, with a...
  2. Astatium_209

Quicksave Shenanigans

'ello 'ello, I've been experimenting with quicksave editing to get a piston to work, specifically in the "joints" list that's in the rockets.txt file. The point was to be able to get some tight tolerances on sliding parts, which would have otherwise ended with the parts connected. Joints are...
  3. Astatium_209

KSP stuff, and more, possibly...

Look, a Minmus base, with the Mün in the background! This was honestly such a pain in the arse to put together, Ksp bugs are the worst, it has devastated my motivation. And the base doesn't even look that good on pictures, slightly messy. Ah well, Perhaps I'll go do some proper irl things.
  4. Astatium_209

Simple Blueprint Flipper

Orientation Tool (Updated blueprint flipper) This program is made for SFS version 1.5, and serves to flip and rotate the craft to any degree. (not a mod) Examples: 1) Original, 2) With SFS flip function, 3) With the Flipper, 4) The craft rotated by 45 degrees Windows: Download the...
  5. Astatium_209

Bulk part editing software [concept]

More editing software? Seriously? Ok Ok, hear me out. This thing could be really useful. Since BP text files are basically in the .json format*, I could use python to iterate and modify selected stuff inside. *Disclaimer: I don't really know what I'm talking about. Let's say you have an old...
  6. Astatium_209

BP editing tools - Part aligner and ring generator.

Ring Generator (and Part Aligner) Preview of the stuff you can make: Windows: Download the text files with the overwritten .exe extension. Then, remove the .txt extension and run. If you select the option to create a full blueprint, it will be created in the same folder that the program is...
  7. Astatium_209

SFS BP editor tool (windows)

For the past week, I've been working on this BP editing tool that would allow me to make details in SFS more easily. I am still new to python (and programming in whole), so don't expect a miracle and set your expectations as low as possible. Here is a link to a video showcasing the build of this...
  8. Astatium_209

Peronia : Team Frontier expansion [WIP]

First thing I'm doing are the textures (Planets first, I am going to finish the moons later). Firstly, revamped Kleru, I didn't like how the old one looked like a purple eyeball : Next, a small planet named Tendor (This was the OG Kleru revamp, but I wasn't happy enough with it for it to be...
  9. Astatium_209

Peronia (Astatium's Planet Team Titan)

So far, very simple. Kleru, a planet: Here's Corta, the moon that orbits the planet Kleru: And finally, Peron, the main star in this planetary system: (I'm not sure if I'll revisit this any time soon)
  10. Astatium_209

60s,70s,80s inspired stuff...

*The Blue Danube starts playing* Good afternoon passengers, this is your captain speaking. I'd like to welcome everyone on Pan Am flight 42-S. We are currently orbiting the Earth at an altitude of 300km at approximately 28 000km/h. Currently, the time is 3:25 pm GMT. We will be rendez-vous-ing...
  11. Astatium_209

Grand Tour!

Grand tour time! (No expansion, so not that impressive I guess, but anyway) (Part 1) Here it is, probably one of the better looking rockets I've ever made... Here's what actually gets into LEO. After some rearanging I will go to the Moon. (Moon landing is poorly documented, but it's not like...
  12. Astatium_209

Space shuttles! (and other stuff...)

I hope this is the correct spot to post this... MOAR HEAT SHIELDS! I've been looking at options for heat shields in the base game for shuttles, and the two I tried a while ago were batteries and solar panels (I used them for their darker textures). The problem with batteries was that they...
  13. Astatium_209

Astatium's Team Hawk entries:

To start, I've chosen probably the easiest challenge, that being 200t to LEO (I don't have the expansion): Of course, I went with the classic design philosophy of "Doesn't work?" -> Moar boosters. It's not a beauty, but it works. The payload weighs 200.2t. I also have a few questions; Does the...
  14. Astatium_209

Frontier entry:

First part of the entry, the Mars mission: Indeed, this rocket is overpowered for a normal mars misson, so I'll be visting the 2 rocky potatoes in the vicinity, just to spice things up a tiny bit, the rocket has more than enough Δv. The Mars landing is next. And safely back home!
  15. Astatium_209

Team Titan Moon mission entry

This rocket is quite simple and a bit overpowered for a moon mission, but hopefully that isn't an issue.