Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
So as it turns out, querying 300+ objects on JPL Horizons takes an freaking eternity...
Good luck creating the asteroids man I'd like to see a brand new ACSS come out with elliptical orbits

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I very liked the modules system of ACSS 1. There are not too many objects in core version of the world, though it is still a complete solar system already. Then you can add +100 moons of Jupiter from a separate archive file, or add +100 moons of Saturn, then play with all these moons, and once you are done with them - you can remove extra moons from the world and add something else, like +100 object in asteroid belt, and play with those object next. So there are hundreds of objects, but nothing really lags, since you can add and remove objects, there is no need to keep all extra bodies in the world at once simultaneously.

And adding/removing action can be done to current world easily and without any problems, your quicksaves are not affected. You only need to switch orbits of your ships to the bodies, which will not be deleted, to not cause error later on, because one of your ships is orbiting deleted body.

hello,i would like to join and help too,i could help adding lots of exoplanets and fix bugs,also i could try to make an ACSS world save with all currently active rockets and rovers,and some observatories (Palomar,superWASP,CoRoT,Kepler and JWST)

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
hello,i would like to join and help too,i could help adding lots of exoplanets and fix bugs,also i could try to make an ACSS world save with all currently active rockets and rovers,and some observatories (Palomar,superWASP,CoRoT,Kepler and JWST)
Good luck with the ones in Lagrange points.
Oh btw Gurren Lagann, how do you make trojan/Greek asteroids?

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I think there is a starting location setting in the planet file, which would allow to displace them from Jupiter's location while keeping their orbit inside Jupiter SOI

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello SpaceFanThatIsWaiting

I'm sure your help will be appreciated, but please condense your posts to avoid flooding the discussion :)

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Oh my god, i have discovered something absolutely awful... "DEVELOPMENT" IS SPELLED WRONG IN THE THREAD NAME :eek:This has to be corrected

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
argumentOfPeriapsis in 1.5.

Oh my god, i have discovered something absolutely awful... "DEVELOPMENT" IS SPELLED WRONG IN THE THREAD NAME :eek:This has to be corrected
Deveploment XD
I'll fix that for you Gurren Lagann
Unless you mind, then I'll change it back
Oh my goodness, phonetic spelling sucks... Thanks guys!