Actually Complete Solar System 2.0 - Development Thread

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
This updated version will be compatable with steam edition right?
It should, and i expect finishing EDR1 Steam just after EDR1 Mobile. It will need a bit more testing though.

What about realistic mode on steam edition?
Well, the different difficulty modes, for now, will also serve as the system scale modes:
- Normal = Stock 1:20
- Hard = IRIS 1:4
- Realistic = RSS 1:1
If it throws the game balance off to an unplayable level, i will change that, but that would depend on how the more skilled players tackle ACSS 2's Realistic mode.

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
First screenshots of ACSS 2 EDR1! Here i demonstrate Earth's (relatively flat) terrain and locations. I know its underwhelming but i've just reached this point. Heightmaps are pain.
Screenshot_20230716-203113.png

Screenshot_20230716-203152.png

Screenshot_20230716-203235.png

Screenshot_20230716-203319.png

EDR1 development is at its final phase, "putting the keys together", but July 19 is starting to look more like a lower bound than a release date... I blame the heightmaps from irregular objects here.

Astria

Astria short for AstriaPorta (Stargate in ancient)
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
What exactly is EDR1? Also what is the performance of the game with the pack installed?
First screenshots of ACSS 2 EDR1! Here i demonstrate Earth's (relatively flat) terrain and locations. I know its underwhelming but i've just reached this point. Heightmaps are pain.
View attachment 105142
View attachment 105143
View attachment 105140
View attachment 105141
EDR1 development is at its final phase, "putting the keys together", but July 19 is starting to look more like a lower bound than a release date... I blame the heightmaps from irregular objects here.
What exactly does EDR1 stand for? Also what is the performance of the pack so far?

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
What exactly is EDR1? [...] What exactly does EDR1 stand for?
Early Data Release 1. Basically ACSS 2's first beta release. Also y'know, like the Gaia data releases.
Also what is the performance of the game with the pack installed?
So far the lag is mainly guided by the textures loading when you boot up your world. Not even the 30-meter, 1.2M+ datapoint, 17.4 MB Earth heightmap lags the game somehow. The orbit lag is unknown however, and its true extent will only be known by DR1.

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hey-o! Just noting that the release of ACSS 2 EDR1 will be delayed a bit. Yes its because of irregular objects again. Don't worry though, the pack is almost completely finished: for example, the location database is fully complete and converted in SFS's format.

Astria

Astria short for AstriaPorta (Stargate in ancient)
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hey-o! Just noting that the release of ACSS 2 EDR1 will be delayed a bit. Yes its because of irregular objects again. Don't worry though, the pack is almost completely finished: for example, the location database is fully complete and converted in SFS's format.
Nice

J3 Mângo

Planet Sculptor
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Don’t worry, we can wait

ok so these is the smallest update,it adds a bunch of stars and nothing else,most of these stars are only for exploration and dont have planets.(u need to rename Sag A* to only Sagittarius for these to work,also i have to do various messgaes to upload all the new update because it wont let me upload more than 20 files,alos u need extrasolar pack sun
bro its a solar system mod not the universe >:I

i'd like to join the project if thats ok

also my goofy ahh brain forgot to unite all of the messages i posted together-

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
ACSS 2 EDR1 - Progress Update
1692308819066.png

Also, the irregular mesh problem is finally solved thanks to image heightmaps, and it will never come up again! ;)

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Does Deimos really not have any locations? Seems odd