Actually Complete Solar System 2.0 - Development Thread

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
EDR1 Update: After who knows how much reconsideration in my life, i've decided to adopt some size limits for Sun-orbiting objects in ACSS 2 EDR1 that weren't visited by spacecraft. Its rather simple really:
- Cis-Neptune objects, ie. NEAs, MBAs, Mars crossers, Jupiter Trojans, and Centaurs, have a inclusion size limit of 200 km in diameter. If the dimensions of the object are known, the longest one is picked.
- Trans-Neptunian objects, ie. KBOs, scattered disk objects, etc. have a limit of 600 km. Ellipsoids count too, if i remember in time.

This will ensure inclusion and diversity across all regions of the solar system. In total i just need to do:
- 25 MBAs (+14 moons)
- 21 centaurs (+Chiron and Chariklo rings)
- 26 TNOs (+5 moons)

im ok with a temporary size limit as long as u pump it out. also since extra solar objects are being added please other star systems? and a suggestion for an optional download u could do an oort cloud thing where its just a bunch of random ice balls

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Dumbest idea I have ever had. Go a little in the path of Space engine and make it so that stars that we dont know will use procedural generation, but itll be like, only if you zoom in a ton or smth. I have a good feelign this is near impossible

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Yeah... This would make me to force a planet-generation script to run on-demand in-game, and that's far beyond my capabilities (I'm a planet packer, not a PC modder).

and another suggestion after seeing the other mod pack add the 55 cancri system as a popular exception and as an optional add the concept planet tyche with maybe like some comet moons or not idc ( Just a suggestion!! )

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
1699449331015.png

Either Davida or Eunomia need fixing, but barring that and orbital orientations, here's ACSS 2 EDR1's Inner Solar System. For now at least.

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Could I by any chance test this pack when it's done?