Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
And, oh, allow me for a moment to gush over the nose window introduced with the B-17F:
One piece frameless plexiglas!

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Don't mind me, just a video of 4k Mach Point footage.

The real highlights aren't the fast jets, it's the transport craft coming through. The slower they are, the lower they tend to go. Call me biased but fat albert at 8:37 is laughing at the poor attempts by the Typhoons and that chinook at 4 minutes looks like it's trying to give the hill a short back and sides.

Fucking love CH-47s. Nothing on Earth sounds like one and they're absolutely rapid for a helicopter.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered

The real highlights aren't the fast jets, it's the transport craft coming through. The slower they are, the lower they tend to go. Call me biased but fat albert at 8:37 is laughing at the poor attempts by the Typhoons and that chinook at 4 minutes looks like it's trying to give the hill a short back and sides.

Fucking love CH-47s. Nothing on Earth sounds like one and they're absolutely rapid for a helicopter.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022

You posted the same message twice.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Or occasionally it just pretends it didn't post it the first time

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I'm a simple man.

I hear BBBBBBRRRRRTT, I press like.

DCS definitely know their audience

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Anyone want goosebumps? I've got some right here.

Headphones and and skip to 1:10. You can thank me later

Has a group of old warbirds coming in for a low pass down a canal. A P-40, a Corsair, a P-51 and a mk. IX Spitfire. Each is going for the 'hold my beer' lowest pass, until as usual they're shown up by the brit, cos hard, fast and low is what brit aircraft do.

And make no mistake, that Spitfire is absolutely fucking going for it. Remember, it and the Mustang share the same engine (the RR Merlin). But listen to the noise. The P-51 is playing it pretty safe. The dude in the Spit is almost underwater with the throttles to the stops and you can hear the supercharger pip as it tears past.

And speaking of low level shenanigans, anyone used to watch this?

(skip to 5:40)

Say what you like about 80s cheese, but they had to do everything for real back then, including flying low level during a brown-out caused by a rolling explosion. The series had lots of examples of this, on occasions nudging the tail skids on tarmac hovering in streets or weaving through canyons.

However was doing the flying in the first season (when they had the budget to film fresh sequences rather than re-cycling them as they did later on) had some stones man.

T

TtTOtW

That Airwolf team visited Cape Town when I was 5... (Mid-1987) I actually remember being there, got a pic being carried by I can't remember which cast member.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Just gonna leave this here.

Concorde was such a beast, it had one of the loudest sonic booms in the sky. That double bang is from over 11 miles away