Aviation

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I saw this movie, I really don't remember If it was Top Gun, I just remember Tom Cruise was the protagonist, but anyway he was a pilot, I'm combat with the Soviet MiG-28s...

Funny, considering the Soviet Naming Protocol reserved pair numbers for civilian planes, and unpair numbers for military planes. Not to mention there never was a MiG-28.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I saw this movie, I really don't remember If it was Top Gun, I just remember Tom Cruise was the protagonist, but anyway he was a pilot, I'm combat with the Soviet MiG-28s...

Funny, considering the Soviet Naming Protocol reserved pair numbers for civilian planes, and unpair numbers for military planes. Not to mention there never was a MiG-28.
It'd be Top Gun. The designation was intentional. They didn't want to actually come out and say they were fighting russian mig-29s or whatever. Especially as they were doing the usual 80s and fighting F-5s.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
It'd be Top Gun. The designation was intentional. They didn't want to actually come out and say they were fighting russian mig-29s or whatever. Especially as they were doing the usual 80s and fighting F-5s.
Yeah, that was the other detail I forgot, the "MiG-28" were actually F-5s.

Which reminds me another movie, where the F-4s recreate the MiGs.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Yeah, that was the other detail I forgot, the "MiG-28" were actually F-5s.

There's loads like that. Usually they use foreign jets like mirages or Kifirs. Hell, the 'Hind' in Rambo is a modified Puma

Okay, I'll Translate this for ya. I tiped "First Supersonic Airliner" on Google and here's what it says: View attachment 25955
"Is in 1947 when the American pilot Chuck Yeager breaks the barrier of sound for the first time on his rocket-plane Bell X-1. In 1961 Nikita Krushchev first heard about the English-French project for a Supersonic Airliner: the Concorde".

And I kept reading, just in case, but no, it still says the Concorde was the first One.
Screenshot_2020-04-28-14-53-59.png

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Thunder and lightning.... I understand that's the joke, but I still don't get it. :(

Edit: Ohhhh, song lyrics. Sorry!

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Sheeeeeet.... That's a lotta damage!

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
This may be one of the Iron Eagle films, I think Iron Eagle II where they're paired up with russian fighters for a job and I'm almost sure (it's been a long time since I've seen the film) the russians were using Phantoms.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
A team acting as complete crew of a a bomber in a VR sim? That's crazy cool.
Imagine allowing your plane to be shot down because you couldn't hit an incoming fighter plane!

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
A team acting as complete crew of a a bomber in a VR sim? That's crazy cool.
Imagine allowing your plane to be shot down because you couldn't hit an incoming fighter plane!
Is that the real life, or just fantasy...

Well, I wouldn't call a lack of ability 'allowing' something to happen. But yeah, it'd be awesome having a 10 man crew with varying abilities. Wonder if the AI would notice that as well that say the left side can't hit a barn door where as the right is actually quite efficient.
And imagine again being able to fly with multiple crews. Say a 30 bomber flight, 300 players, AI enemy fighters, AAA brackets, comms nets, flight planning and navigation.

Fuck yes.