Forum War

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I don't think so, but still thank you Etherian, I'll quote your article.
As above, the form of governship is massively important. And not just in my dictionary, but all dictionaries and even other Empires.

There is not a single instance of an Empire being ran by a committee of some sort. At all. Ever.

Also, these democracies don't even have just one political organ. The US has several, none of which are in overall charge. So even if you could call a political organ a proxy 'Emperor', it still doesn't have supreme authority 'focused into an institution' and thus can not be an Empire.

The US system of governance was built by the founding fathers specifically so that could never be the case.

And to disprove your 'To be considered an Empire, a nation must accumulate an insane amount of power like the US did, as well as develop an aggressive foreign policy.' I invoke the Ancient Greeks.

A large, powerful nation with global reach and an aggressive foreign policy ran by a democracy. Sound familiar?
Yeah, thats Greece pre-Alexander The Great.
Not an Empire and never considered one either, because the nation was a clusterfuck of treaties, city states etc and not ruled by one man.

And before you say the Greece wasn't a powerful nation, they defeated the largest Empire in the world at the time four times.

Once big Alex the G became ruler of all Greece (becoming its sole leader, or Hegemon. As far as I'm aware, it's the first time the Greeks had ever been united completely), he then created one of the largest Empires in history.

Considered an Empire, because it was controlled by one man.
One more time... And I can keep saying it until the world ends.
The form of government does not define what an empire is.

Allow me to quote Etherian's article to have a defined definition rather than an opinion:

"Tom Nairn and Paul James define empires as polities that "extend relations of power across territorial spaces over which they have no prior or given legal sovereignty, and where, in one or more of the domains of economics, politics, and culture, they gain some measure of extensive hegemony over those spaces for the purpose of extracting or accruing value".[7] Rein Taagepera has defined an empire as "any relatively large sovereign political entity whose components are not sovereign".

IT NEVER SAYS IS MUST BE RULED BY A MONARCHY.

So, yes, the US is an Empire cause it fulfills all the requirements previously mentioned by the linguistic experts. Most of the US own territory was not originally their own, it was stolen from either Mexico or the native tribes, or bough, or annexed.

I would say the US' founding fathers had a copy of your dictionary, cause I am aware they didn't want the US to be an Empire, however, times have changed since 1776, and the definition of Empire has changed.

The US reminds me a lot to Rome. It starts under noble ideals, grows so much that becomes the scary Imperial superpower, of course in the case of Rome, it was more obvious cause it turned into a monarchy.

And if you Summon the Ancient Greeks, I can simply reply that nothing is absolute and that there are always exceptions.

And finally, yes. These modern empires like the US are ruled not by a single person, or like a committee as you think (hell, nothing in the world is as simple as you try to see it). The power resides in the institutions that form the government, not in the men that compose it. You might remember that the US policy has been basically the same since 1945, although the multiple administrations in the power.

The Emperor you seek is the Government, not the Governor.

That's it. That's all.

Blazing mode deactivated.

Horus Lupercal, make your move.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Fucx all this extremely well researched information with undeniable points! Britain will rule the world!

TrenchRabbit

Man on the Moon
Registered
A lot of talk from a blazer. The name comes from the time when Cuba's economy was a blazing dumpster fire, hence the term blazer.

A quick history lesson from me, Cuba's main exports during the cold war was the three C's. They are Cigars, Canes & Communism.
Their primary import was SS-4 and R-16 Ballistic Missiles

All this shit over TEA!?
Don't even get me started on thots women either. There's this really funny story about an emperor in ancient china who tried to cuck a general, because his wife is hot as fuck, but that wasn't any general, he was tasked with guarding the main gates that acted as a thin line between the enemy forces and the city.

So after hearing that he got cucked by the emperor, the very angery general sided with the enemies and let them through the gates, and massacred everyone inside.

On the bright side, he got his wife back. I didnt bother remembering the name of the dynasty, because every different dynasty suffers the same bullshit.

TL;DR China's ancient history is one big backstabbing clusterfuck.