Mods and installation: Questions and answers

Hello,

See this question:

Hello and thanks for your return.

Sorry that we could not figure out what was the problem. If your PC is an old config, it's possible that there's a compatibility problem since the latest update uses a more recent version of Unity.
No, I just don't know which folder to put the mod in. Can you guide me and tell me which folder to put the mod in?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
No, I just don't know which folder to put the mod in. Can you guide me and tell me which folder to put the mod in?
This is explicitely indicated:
Screenshot_20221102-214639_Chrome.jpg

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I don’t see the mod loader
The mod loader is part of the game. It's only for the Steam version though, if you play on mobile it's normal, mods are not available for SFS on mobile.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
So can Stef add mod on mobile please
Unfortunately this is very unlikely. The mods developped for the PC version wouldn't be compatible anyway, and the code is heavily obfuscated as a piracy coutermeasure, so making the mods compatible would be practically impossible.

Altair if i make a series of ships can i upload it as a mod? And if i use another persons mod in that ship bp mod do i have to credit?

ps: the only reason i ask is because im working on a ship series and i saw pico had all the sls stuff and that so i wanted to make my own

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello Vaskist

Of course you're perfectly allowed to upload your ships, however this should go in the blueprint section. A blueprint is not a mod.

In this case you can simply reference the mods you used for your builds, so that people know what mods they have to install to use them. Crediting will be nice, but not strictly necessary as the mods would be referenced, so we know from whom it comes from.

Currently having problem with the latest beta.
My crashes as soon as the main menu shows up. I have no mods installed, and also don’t have the old modloader installed. I play on my M1 MacBook.
Any solutions to this problem?
I'm using MacBook M1 air. You can right click to open the display profile and use rosetta2 to open the game

C'est malheureusement très peu probable. Les mods développés pour la version PC ne seraient de toute façon pas compatibles, et le code est fortement obscurci en tant que contre-mesure contre le piratage, donc rendre les mods compatibles serait pratiquement impossible.
thank for all because is very good I understand the work

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
But I installed the PC version and didn’t even see the mod loader
It's normally available from the main screen... I assume your game is up to date?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
On App Store there no button "Update”
But this is for the Steam version... If you downloaded it from the App store it's the mobile version you have, not the PC version. You won't have access to mods in this case.