Modder
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Well, one thing I really dislike here is the way how telecommunication dishes work. They disconnect when you timewarp faster than 3x and break game's mechanism which chooses the rocket it should switch to after separation (you also lose connection on your main rocket after separating anything)

so uh,i was testing stuff out with the satellite dish part and im constantly getting annoyed from being unable to connect when im not in range of the earth satellite...an you perhaps put 4 satellites around earth? it would make it far easier and better to make a cluster of satellite connections orbiting around earth or other planets/moons

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
I believe that’s the eventual plan, that the satellites bounce the signal so you can expand the reach (and then similarly you’d do that on planets etc so you can communicate). But for now it’s in Beta so only the main tower sends out signals.

dani0105

Modder
Registered
so uh,i was testing stuff out with the satellite dish part and im constantly getting annoyed from being unable to connect when im not in range of the earth satellite...an you perhaps put 4 satellites around earth? it would make it far easier and better to make a cluster of satellite connections orbiting around earth or other planets/moons
In theory, the satellites bounce the signal off each other, but the planets block the signals. if that doesn't work, you may have an older version or it may be a bug.

In theory, the satellites bounce the signal off each other, but the planets block the signals. if that doesn't work, you may have an older version or it may be a bug.
most likely a bug....but what im saying is.....with just 1 satellite on earth its just annoying when you loose connection..and i'd love if there could be at least 4 satellites on each side of earth so you wouldnt loose connection with satellites in orbit

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
I'm having an issue with installation of the mod portion of this. As the parts show up but the space center antenna and all the functionality of the mod are not working

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
I'm having an issue with installation of the mod portion of this. As the parts show up but the space center antenna and all the functionality of the mod are not working
Did you put the moreparts.dll in the “MODS” folder you created in the “….Data” folder?

the DLL contains the functionality part of this mode.

i would really love if you could make 4 antenna dishes around earth because im quite annoyed from not being able to place satellites around earth with the small dish part and make other cool stuff..oh i also wonder if theres any new buildings that will be added for making colony

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
i would really love if you could make 4 antenna dishes around earth because im quite annoyed from not being able to place satellites around earth with the small dish part and make other cool stuff..oh i also wonder if theres any new buildings that will be added for making colony
My understanding of how the Mod works, put 4 satellites in LEO with Antennas and you should have a full field.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Though I do have a new issue with the relay system as now no connection lines show up and cause of that I get random connection outages

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Ah ok understood. Would be kinda nice for a toggle on that to see when your connection may be cut off
Ideally something like a green light / red light on the dish or yeah a field toggle on the map (but then I think there should be range so it’s not map infinite…)