JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
This will cost the same as going direct but needs a lot of time warping until an alignment is reached, assuming you dont know how to target planets. And no, I'm not using gravity assist, I'm carrying a human crew so getting there using the fastest route is the upmost priority.
I do know how to target planets I do a solar orbit burn since I find it easier

T

TtTOtW

All thanks to Stef's overkill ion engine, same efficiency as real world ion engines but delivers enough thrust to lift two Toyota Corollas.

Irl ion drives can't even lift a piece of paper, let alone itself.
You're wrong Cosmo. Ask all our Titan spamming friends here. They'll unanimously agree: the faster you pick up speed, the more efficient you are. And the Ion drive is the slowest engine here. It's UNDER-powered...

Lol.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I fear the main propulsion stage may equal or dwarf the ship itself.
1600m/s chemical for a ship that size? Oh yes.

You still rolling 1.4? If you give me the weight and Dv, I can make you the propulsion system requirements

Last edited:
1600m/s chemical for a ship that size? Oh yes.

You still rolling 1.4? If you give me the weight and Dv, I can make you the propulsion system requirements
Im actually fine with designing so far. Just worried about the size.

Actually the engine and reactors designs are done, now I'm figuring out a ditchable fuel tank system to squeeze as much Dv out of the setup as possible.

Btw, I was still unsatisfied with the shitty ms paint presentation I did the past few months, so I got deeper into the detail of each module.

I'm still 10% done.

1591471541834.png

Horus, number update.

Ship's new mass including the propulsion stage minus the propellant will be 2940.6 tons.

New approx. length: 864m; we're near to a kilometer in length.

Last edited:
Horus, number update.

Neptune Ex. Ship Mass: 205.8 ton
Triton Ex. Ship Mass: 386.5 tons
UAV: 56.9 ton
Pluto Pack: 153.5 ton
Neptune Package: 91.8 ton
Poseidon & ScoutShip dock: 12.2 t

Overall Cargo Mass: 906.7 tons

MotherShip Mass: 526.3 ton

Main Propulsion Mass: 45.1 ton each (144 ton full thrust, 48 ton normal thrust) [10 stacks total]

Main Reactor Mass: 103.4 ton [10 stacks total]

Heat Shield: 22.6 ton

Total Dry: 2940.6 ton

Neptune Departure Mass w/ propulsion+fuel: 526.3 ton (p.s plus 1507.6+5.4 ton which is 2039.3); with fuel tanks (4 x 70.4 ton each): 2320.9 ton

Return Dv: 833m/s (1150 m/s)

--------------------------------

Earth Departure Mass w/ propulsion+fuel: 2320.9 + 1433 + 16.5 = 3770.4 ton; 10 x 76.1 = 761 ton; total: 4531.4 ton

Travel Dv: 1500m/s (1614 m/s)

Well I guess that's it, the ship's design is 100% complete, all that's left is to assemble the rest, launch the crew and we're ready to depart for the decades long journey.

"The propulsion section will be entirely manufactured and launched from Russia, unlike the rest of the ship which will be made in Europe, Japan and launched from the United States."

Horus.

All 10 reactors fully assembled. All 10 engine stacks fully assembled. Propulsion section 60% complete. 720 ion engines in total.

1440 tons of thrust at maximum power, 1 minute burst each. Estimate departure burn time: 6 minutes. Image incoming.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Imagine the compression stress at the back.
And the bending moment, if everything isn't perfectly aligned.

How big is that in total now?
Well the crash part was exaggerated, but the game is now scarily slow. Not completely unplayable if you're very patient.

The ship would be almost a kilometer long. Comparing it against the space ship chart...

It would rival the Warhammer 40K System Ship. Only difference is, this is a research vessel, not a warship.

1592657650511.png

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Well the crash part was exaggerated, but the game is now scarily slow. Not completely unplayable if you're very patient.
Yeah, I was gonna say, I'll bet the lag is enormous with a solar sail of that size

The ship would be almost a kilometer long. Comparing it against the space ship chart...
Shouldn't be far off the longest useable ship created in SFS. Obviously people have made bigger, but with the intent of them being biggest and not for any kind of actual use in-game

Do like comparison pictures like that. I have one where it features the larger 40k warships like the Glorianna class, which are roughly 3-9km longer than the Executor class.
No one has ever put Phalanx or Furious Abyss class on one though, which is a shame