Project Le Verrier

Do like comparison pictures like that. I have one where it features the larger 40k warships like the Glorianna class, which are roughly 3-9km longer than the Executor class.
No one has ever put Phalanx or Furious Abyss class on one though, which is a shame
I've only learnt of the Phalanx ship from Battlefleet Gothic 2: Armada.

1592659124621.png

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I wouldn't say the builds of those folks have absolutely no actual use, at least not directly, it tested how far the game can go.
Yeah that's what i mean. They exist purely for the sake of their own size instead of being big because of the things that it'd need to do

I've only learnt of the Phalanx ship from Battlefleet Gothic 2: Armada.
Aside from star fortresses and The Rock, I think it's the largest single moving object in the Imperium of Man.

The ship is so nearly done, I'm beyond nervous. What if I've overlooked a calculation error? What if there is an error within the assembly which will make equipment fail to deploy?

I'm gonna need a lot of holy oils and incense to bless it.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
T

TtTOtW

If Mogui was rearranged into a straight line, it would be about 500m long. The only discredit to it is that it, while being utterly functional, feature rich, operated cheat free, it was my only ever infinite fuel orbital assembly. A giant blotch on an otherwise spotless spec sheet. Weighed 13 kilotons.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I am both sad and happy.
Reddit's lack of innovation would rival Lorgar, someone should send the Inquisition over there to take a look.
It's what I've been saying awhile now and certain people are slowly waking up to it. Could you imagine the reddit/discord response to a challenge like this?
It'd be some sandbox biff rocket with a probe and maybe a rover that you'll never see again.
Blueprint edited of course.

With this level of time investment, complexity and resources?
Oh crap, thanks for reminding on one other extremely important feature I missed out from my notepad. Mid-flight repairs.

One more feature the laboratory module on Poseidon has is a state-of-the-art workshop equipped with the latest additive manufacturing machines, chemical synthesis booth and electronics assembly bench, allowing the crew to fabricate nearly any spare part they require for ship repair.

This comes in convenience with an EVA tube located on the same module which can support up to 2 EVA operators at once, this feature allows the crew to quickly fabricate the part and conveniently hand it to a pair of suited up engineers.

Oh crap, thanks for reminding on one other extremely important feature I missed out from my notepad. Mid-flight repairs.

One more feature the laboratory module on Poseidon has is a state-of-the-art workshop equipped with the latest additive manufacturing machines, chemical synthesis booth and electronics assembly bench, allowing the crew to fabricate nearly any spare part they require for ship repair.

This comes in convenience with an EVA tube located on the same module which can support up to 2 EVA operators at once, this feature allows the crew to quickly fabricate the part and conveniently hand it to a pair of suited up engineers.
There are many more minute details within this ship that I have envisioned, however non of which are critical to your criteria so i refrained from elaborating them further.

Another one of such a feature are a team of robotic gardener arms that autonomously tend to the crops while the crew is asleep, they would be armed with image recognition algorithms to allow for precise and accurate manipulation.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered

This is exactly what I mean dude. No one, anywhere else is going into this level of detail. Obviously not everyone here is like that, but no one there is.

There are many more minute details within this ship that I have envisioned, however non of which are critical to your criteria so i refrained from elaborating them further.
Actually dude, I quite like that kind of detail.

I heard that many times before, but never knew it can be that bad.
I'll use the "extreme re-useability" challenge as an example.
That's a big time challenge on discord, go to the moon/mars, touch down, come back, recover your stages. There are members here who have been doing that for a long time. There's a version of Merlin that could re-use the same fairings over and again. One of the first things I made for someone else on the forum was a working re-fuel and payload tower for SDs Falcon 9. This was 18 months back.
That eventually became the ground station section of the solarmaster rover line. Valkyrie could do a full on-screen turnaround well over a year ago using that system.
There's loads of others, the Grand Amber had a refurbishing system when it did the shuttle grand tour.
And he's like he didn't realise how competent this place is compared to Discord. These are public, year old ideas. The stuff going on behind the scenes right now would blow his mind.

Last edited:
I'll use the "extreme re-useability" challenge as an example.
That's a big time challenge on discord, go to the moon/mars, touch down, come back, recover your stages. There are members here who have been doing that for a long time. There's a version of Merlin that could re-use the same fairings over and again. One of the first things I made for someone else on the forum was a working re-fuel and payload tower for SDs Falcon 9. This was 18 months back.
That eventually became the ground station section of the solarmaster rover line. Valkyrie could do a full on-screen turnaround well over a year ago using that system.
And he's like he didn't realise how competent this place is compared to Discord. These are public, year old ideas. The stuff going on behind the scenes right now would blow his mind.
Damn, pardon my excessive warhammer references but...

I think this forum is the Ultramarines of communities. The most competent of communities minus the bad writing.

EDIT: Doesn't help that our site default color is blue too. hehehe.

Last edited:

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Damn, pardon my excessive warhammer references but...

I think this forum is the Ultramarines of communities. The most competent of communities minus the bad writing.
Ha, I take offence to that as a primarch of a superior legion.
I get what you mean though, we're not Word Bearers (huge numbers of chanting zealots / Discord), World Eaters (frothing madmen / Reddit), Imperial Guard (mostly ignored and clueless / wikia) or Orks (shocking word usage and grammar, clueless about technology and things only work because they have a mystical field that makes things work [sandbox] / Facebook)

Orks (shocking word usage and grammar, clueless about technology and things only work because they have a mystical field that makes things work [sandbox] / Facebook)
I forgot about Facebook, oh no. If Tzeentch had a home, that would most probably be it, the sheer amount of stupid conspiracies that moms buy into, milk causing cancer, warm water curing cancer, vaccines causing autism, using sugary sodas as a cleaning fluid.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I forgot about Facebook, oh no. If Tzeentch had a home, that would most probably be it, the sheer amount of stupid conspiracies that moms buy into, milk causing cancer, warm water curing cancer, vaccines causing autism, using sugary sodas as a cleaning fluid.
Yeah, I tend to forget there's an actual SFS community on there as well. God only knows what madness abounds in that place.

Ha, make sure you top up the fuel tanks before you leave
Everything has been topped off, basic check out even for a tank commander before they head out.

With everything running at 5 fps, attempting to undock anything will require careful consideration and planning, funny thing is, lagging the game might be making it more realistic.