Public Progress Thread (Off-topic SFS)

Space_geek25

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Does it change by a large value? It can happen due to numerical imprecisions, but that's mostly by a small value. This is rather visible in solar orbit, the effect should be practically null in Earth orbit.
The periapsis changed from 500 to 480km.
Also on my station at 400km, the height changed from 400 - 400km to 420 - 380km

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The periapsis changed from 500 to 480km.
Also on my station at 400km, the height changed from 400 - 400km to 420 - 380km
This is a lot. Were you doing something particular with your station? Like docking/undocking or activating separators? Sometimes the impulse generated by a separation can modify your orbit, though usually not that much.

How did it happen? Gradually, or did the orbits change suddenly?

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
maybe it was in physics range while no grav was on

Someguyinshorts

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Pretty new here, not to sure how big of an achievement this is but a weeks ago I got all the achievements on the free mobile version. While trying to figure out a Venus lander I found this place and after running out of things I wanna try and lurking a bit I decided oh what the heck and now I’m here.

Attachments

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
My post is gone, I posted it on blueprints as it was a blueprint, and its just gone. Does anybody know what happened?
It was in the approval queue. When a blueprint is posted it needs to be approved by a moderator to become publicly visible. It can take some time in practice because we're not online 24 hours per day, but we generally do it quickly. I've approved your post, it's online now.

BrokenRealityJ

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
It was in the approval queue. When a blueprint is posted it needs to be approved by a moderator to become publicly visible. It can take some time in practice because we're not online 24 hours per day, but we generally do it quickly. I've approved your post, it's online now.
Thank you

It's all about FAMILY

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Why is there nothing in the tutorials tab? Also, should I make a tutorial on how to get to the moon? Maybe mars?
My opinion? There are tutorials for that in game. Maybe I'm missing something, but that seems to be just fine. Although I created that category for other more advanced maneuvers like Gravity Assist, Docking... Things Stef does not incorporate into the game already. Admin will approve tutorials. Submit it to them in DMs.

BrokenRealityJ

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
My opinion? There are tutorials for that in game. Maybe I'm missing something, but that seems to be just fine. Although I created that category for other more advanced maneuvers like Gravity Assist, Docking... Things Stef does not incorporate into the game already. Admin will approve tutorials. Submit it to them in DMs.
Ok, thanks

BrokenRealityJ

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
What do you think of my space station, it took about 4hrs to complete, because I did not know how to rendezvous or dock at all at the start
Screenshot_20221119-154328_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20221119-154322_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

ASC

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
thrust: only 3t
its gimbal is only 0.25 degrees from flat surface
it only takes up half of the 4 wide tank tho
and it burns an single ton of fuel in 7.3 seconds
Carbon Rocket Engine.png

BrokenRealityJ

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I got 2 Parachutes into space, it lookes really cool and I'm happy how it turned out

Attachments