Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
By being the SEs currency, and us practically owning most of the Inner Solar System, yes it is a universal currency here
You mean, by pretending to own the inner solar system you can attempt to force a currency on the inner solar system?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
We look over it, trade factions can have land within our territory
Pretended to take over it. You made the claim of ownership under the pretence that such things can be owned and such a claim can be justified.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Pretended to take over it. You made the claim of ownership under the pretence that such things can be owned and such a claim can be justified.
It may be a surprise to you but we first started on the Earth against another faction, we won so we expanded without opposition, no one gave a shit, so we stayed. That land has been ours before any other faction

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
It may be a surprise to you but we first started on the Earth against another faction, we won so we expanded without opposition, no one gave a shit, so we stayed. That land has been ours before any other faction
No, I read that before somewhere. Goes back to my previous but with an added caveat. You 'won' something from someone whom also had no claims or rights of ownership.
Essentially, the SE is exactly like Sealand.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealand
https://www.sealandgov.org

Declaring an Empire doth not maketh an Empire.
No one gave a shit who won between you and the Axis for the same reason why no one cares about Sealand despite it being in UK territorial waters.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
No, I read that before somewhere. Goes back to my previous but with an added caveat. You 'won' something from someone whom also had no claims or rights of ownership.
Essentially, the SE is exactly like Sealand.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealand
https://www.sealandgov.org

Declaring an Empire doth not maketh an Empire.
No one gave a shit who won between you and the Axis for the same reason why no one cares about Sealand despite it being in UK territorial waters.
In that sense no other faction has ownership of of any land. It s stupid. Essentially every faction is like Sealand.
We own the land, if you don’t like it, join a rebellion. End of

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
In that sense no other faction has ownership of of any land. It s stupid. Essentially every faction is like Sealand.
We own the land, if you don’t like it, join a rebellion. End of
Yeah, my points entirely. No faction owns the land, or space, in the system. I see no flags anywhere, no patrols, system of governance, enforcement of laws.

And technically, you are the rebellion being the minority stakeholder here. There's only 7 of you. There are more alternate factions than that around here. The SE is the largest solely due to the disorganisation/indifference of the others. If they banded together into the LGBTQ+ backstreet brothers alliance, then their faction would be bigger than yours and by your own rules would own whatever they lay claim to.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
why all of a sudden does nobody agree with it? if something is in place before you were there, then you leave it or try to overthrow it, you don't complain about it.
and also, when the new planets are implemented, we won't just chuck the bloody SE flag over them because we got there first, we'd fight for them.

J

Judge Dredd

Yes yes credit to @TtTOtW for his original Registy but I think it isnt a good inidicator of power differences and political influence each faction has nor concrete definitions. Thats the main reason I created this. This will not list the players in each faction just the faction and its effect on the solar system.

Before we get into the list and how i will determine the rankings and classifications here are some of my definitions for the following:

RANKINGS:

Superpower - A state that has complete control over multiple planetary systems comprising of more than 5 members. Can exert both economical and political influence on other states. (Real world examples: U.S.A. and China)

Major Power - A state that has control of at least 1 planetary system and exerts some political and econmic influence on other states. Usually having 3 or 4 members.(Real world example:Russia(modern))

Minor Power - A state who has control of 1 or 2 planets, moons, or asteriods. Has little influence economically or politically. Usually have 1 or 2 members. (Real world examples: Germany, Japan)

Trade Faction - A faction that opperates within another states sphere of influence. Usually having 1 member can be many more though. (Real world example: Starbucks; U.S. , Samsung; South Korea)

Neutral Power - A state that does not interact with other states politically most of the time. It may only interatact economically. (Real world example: switzerland)

Rebel Faction - A faction whos sole purpose is to remove or take over a exsisting state. (Must be from the original state)

Claims:
1. Must be a state to have a valid claim
2. Claim must not be of a currently owned claim by another state
3. Claims are first come first serve
4. To have a claim official you must have at least a permanent colony of 10 people, transportation to and from that colony, and it must be self sufficient.

Law of Space - jurisdiction over territory ends where the sphere of influence ends anything beyond that must be treated like open seas.

Finally here is my list based on rankings that are fair and as much as I can unbiased(Pirates will not be listed):

1. Solar Empire - Superpower
2. New Universe Order - Major power
3. United Planetary Alliance - Minor Power
4. Kronian League - Minor Power (Neutral Power)
5.PRI - Trade Faction
5.PG - Trade Faction
6. WolfRam Transportation Inc. - Trade Faction

Faction Relations map:
View attachment 13724
Key:
Red: War
Blue: Trading Partners
Light purple: Neutral
Teal: Non-Agression Pact

(Note: Everything here is subject to change and probably will)
I saw another thread like this which is which?

Status
Not open for further replies.