Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
8bitCosmonaut can you help me plz?
How the AR 5.56 30rd magazine hold the ammo? Like how to stop the spring from pushing the ammo outside the mag?
The top of a 5.56 double stack magazine has curved lips that is wide enough to let a single round pass downwards, but not 2 rounds upwards. Because the ammunition isn't polite enough to come out one at a time, they stay jammed upwards against each other, kind of like 2 people trying to walk through the same door, in the same direction, at the same time

Here is one of mine, these are the lips.

20190714_164107.jpg

At the top of the spring is a half round shaped mould, which forces the rounds to alternatively sit on the magazine

20190714_164109.jpg

So even though they're side-by-side, one sits slightly higher so the bolt can strip it before feeding

Last edited:

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
The top of a 5.56 double stack magazine has curved lips that is wide enough to let a single round pass downwards, but not 2 rounds upwards. Because the ammunition isn't polite enough to come out one at a time, they stay jammed upwards against each other, kind of like 2 people trying to walk through the same door, in the same direction, at the same time
Oh
Now I understand it

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
Ok, I'm building a Centurion with paper. I thought it would be ez cuz it's 1:72 (very small) but I was wrong. The thing is so small and it's a pain to build
D9729338-604D-4BAA-B58E-55704CF73F5F.jpeg
D5CA0401-9722-4FF3-A1BA-18E00824454E.jpeg

Here is one of mine, these are the lips.

View attachment 23181

At the top of the spring is a half round shaped mould, which forces the rounds to alternatively sit on the magazine

View attachment 23182

So even though they're side-by-side, one sits slightly higher so the bolt can strip it before feeding
Wtf? That's yours?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered