WAR!...?

Members of the Grand Jury, who is guilty?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Here's my plan: get Bandwith and I, as well as others to Invade Jupiter and Siege Mars shortly afterwards while ME(i believe) will take over Mercury and Venus.

Peace Treaty: Bandwith gets Europa, I get rights to use Low Jupiter Orbit Space, Others that participate will get a moon. If Mars falls, Give Phobos and Deimos to someone (preferably by random lottery). Mars is used as a coalition (Coalition of Anti-SE members) stronghold. Mercury goes to Cpt Gorilla and Venus goes to Ttottw
_20190728_230342.JPG

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Here's my plan: get Bandwith and I, as well as others to Invade Jupiter and Siege Mars shortly afterwards while ME(i believe) will take over Mercury and Venus.

Peace Treaty: Bandwith gets Europa, I get rights to use Low Jupiter Orbit Space, Others that participate will get a moon. If Mars falls, Give Phobos and Deimos to someone (preferably by random lottery). Mars is used as a coalition (Coalition of Anti-SE members) stronghold. Mercury goes to Cpt Gorilla and Venus goes to Ttottw
No you can't

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician

Fantasise all you'll like, Neither Jupiter or Mars shall fall, their defences develop, grow and strengthen constantly as our technological advancements continue. Even when our Military fall, the populations will be your greatest enemy

Bananas

Mr. Nice Moderator
Registered
Fantasise all you'll like, Neither Jupiter or Mars shall fall, their defences develop, grow and strengthen constantly as our technological advancements continue. Even when our Military fall, the populations will be your greatest enemy
Waa? Could somebody explain the faction territory thing? It sounds like a shitstorm right now.

Waa? Could somebody explain the faction territory thing? It sounds like a shitstorm right now.
I took over Mercury and Venus, there's a moon somewhere in there that has a fortified base but I didn't read previous posts to really know what moon they're talking about. As for the rest of the Solar system, give it a month or so and it'll be mine too.

Simple really.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
SE owns the majority of the current solar system, KL own moons of Saturn (off the top of my head), some other factions just want a piece for their own, and are forming flawed plans based mainly on hope, with very little strategic planning or thought

TBH, why are we even talking about this, unless Multiplayer is released (2022 on a liberal estimate). I bet that when it releases, all the previous defenses that has been accumulated is useless because a new multiplayer map has no spaceships. You would have to spend 6 months setting all the defenses and orbital missile platforms up so there could actually be a conflict. The defenses would take up so much lag anyways.

Bananas

Mr. Nice Moderator
Registered
TBH, why are we even talking about this, unless Multiplayer is released (2022 on a liberal estimate). I bet that when it releases, all the previous defenses that has been accumulated is useless because a new multiplayer map has no spaceships. You would have to spend 6 months setting all the defenses and orbital missile platforms up so there could actually be a conflict. The defenses would take up so much lag anyways.
Dude they are just trying to have some fun.

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
You know USSR and infinite manpower and stuff.
I know who he is, but I've never heard any quotes of his
I bet that when it releases, all the previous defenses that has been accumulated is useless because a new multiplayer map has no spaceships
You do save your blueprints, right?
You would have to spend 6 months setting all the defenses and orbital missile platforms up so there could actually be a conflict
And?
. The defenses would take up so much lag anyways
There's always a way

In truth, the most multiplayer we'll ever see is blueprints sharing. The game is not designed for the kind of multiplayer required to pull off the lore discussed here, and likely never will be. Think about it, what happens when a player logs off? Do his things stay behind for people to blow up? Or do they disappear, allowing someone to build on top of them? And if they stay, but indestructible, think of the clutter from players that leave and don't come back, or players that leave an asteroid belt worth of debris in orbit...

This RPG in the forums is purely a battle of the brains; 'who can outsmart the other's tactics' being what determines the outcome. A game of chess, where there's no board.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
In truth, the most multiplayer we'll ever see is blueprints sharing. The game is not designed for the kind of multiplayer required to pull off the lore discussed here, and likely never will be. Think about it, what happens when a player logs off? Do his things stay behind for people to blow up? Or do they disappear, allowing someone to build on top of them? And if they stay, but indestructible, think of the clutter from players that leave and don't come back, or players that leave an asteroid belt worth of debris in orbit...

This RPG in the forums is purely a battle of the brains; 'who can outsmart the other's tactics' being what determines the outcome. A game of chess, where there's no board.
Although we can, and have, done some stuff with qks editing... It's just not practical for war though.

Of course, supporting your lore with screenshots of your defenses and ships makes it all the more convincing and fun fun ;)

That being said... I'm about to install a Warp Gate on the Mercury base so I can bring in my Armada waiting in the Helix Nebula!

Component Prototype:
Screenshot_20190729-142038_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg