Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
i have it but how

oh yeah and im on phone android
You can install planet packs on your phone yes. Custom planet packs are not considered as mods, so what is explained here doesn't apply.

You can install planet packs under this directory:
Screenshot_20221217-202537_Total Commander.jpg

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
please dont make fun of me but is there any way you can show me in like a vidoe
I just realized you just wanted to install a planet pack... QuickEdit is a text editor and is to be used if you want to make your own custom planets.
If you just want to download a planet pack and move it under the custom solar systems directory you need a file manager. I use Total commander personally, but there are other ones of course.

CosmauNox

Man on the Moon
Registered
How do I go about getting a valid key for beta access on Steam? The one posted here is now invalid...
Oh, also is there a public repository of know how and examples of modding ? The coding part is what I'm most qualified and inclined to jump into.
Thanks !
Like a central wiki, GitHub, etc.
Cheers, and sorry for the OP post, can't delete it so quoting it

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Like a central wiki, GitHub, etc.
Cheers, and sorry for the OP post, can't delete it so quoting it
1671579900450.png

The latest steam beta. Password cm3Q479YS1AqNtWnySFLT2Ie
In general you should keep an eye on the SFS discord server for betas, as that is where the developers post them.

For your second question, I suggest you persue this thread: Mod Creation - Getting Started

Mamay

Registered
I correctly understood that I should place my corporate logo at Spaceflight Simulator Game\Mods\Custom Assets\Texture Packs/Logo ?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
How to get the modder tag?
You already got it :)

It's manually assigned by the administrators when you publish a mod or a pack for the first time, that's why it's not instantaneous.

I have problems with textures. I install the zip then extract it and add it to the texture packs then i go into the game but there is nothing there

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I have problems with textures. I install the zip then extract it and add it to the texture packs then i go into the game but there is nothing there
Which texture pack do you use?
The format of texture packs changed at dome point, and most authors didn't port their packs, so only a few are compatible today.

Which texture pack do you use?
The format of texture packs changed at dome point, and most authors didn't port their packs, so only a few are compatible today.
I just entered to the "Spaceflight Simulator Game\Mods\Custom Assets\Texture Packs" folder. and i put file into the texture pack folder than i entered to sfs but there was nothing

MinekPo1

Modder
Registered
Hello y'all.
I'm trying to get a dev env on linux, which I found to be quite difficult.
I hope to get visual studio or some c# dev tool running on wine.

Does anyone have any experience on this?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello y'all.
I'm trying to get a dev env on linux, which I found to be quite difficult.
I hope to get visual studio or some c# dev tool running on wine.

Does anyone have any experience on this?
Hello,

I can't help regarding the linux aspects but I suggest that you have a look at that thread to setup a dev environment.

ILovespace3

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I try to open the mod from the mod folder, but it just takes me to this notepad with random icons. I know it's a programming language, but It wont go into the game. If it helps, I'm trying to install the part editor mod by Cucumber Space.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I try to open the mod from the mod folder, but it just takes me to this notepad with random icons. I know it's a programming language, but It wont go into the game. If it helps, I'm trying to install the part editor mod by Cucumber Space.
You're not supposed to open the dll. You simply have to move that file into the Mods directory. Those are the instructions that apply for you:

For mods: The mods consist in a dll file. From the game directory, navigate to "Spaceflight Simulator Game\Mods", and drop the dll file directly into it. Note that the next time you'll start the game, the file will automatically be moved into a subfolder named after the mod.