Team Hawk Instructions!

A Jovian moon is one of Jupiter's moons, Jovian Jupiter. You have to land on any of Jupiter's moons and return back to earth with no damages, unless they are empty fuel tanks or stages. You are allowed to construct your rocket on the launchpad or in orbit.
dude....... construct it, in orbit?! You mean in the building grid eh?

S

Sportgus

dude....... construct it, in orbit?! You mean in the building grid eh?
You can either make your rocket normally, just standard launching a rocket directly after building it, have it need to be assembled on the launchpad someway, or assemble it in orbit. I mean after launching the rocket out of the building grid

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
What's a Jovian moon? And could you give me and could you explain what the mission EXACTLY is?
Remember that you have to start with team Titan if you want to attempt the ranked missions anyway. As you are new, let me suggest you to read the FAQ to get an overview about how this forum works.

You can either make your rocket normally, just standard launching a rocket directly after building it, have it need to be assembled on the launchpad someway, or assemble it in orbit. I mean after launching the rocket out of the building grid
That is..
My lawyer has gave me an advice to not to continue any further.
Seriously though.. how can you construct.. in ORBIT?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
My lawyer has gave me an advice to not to continue any further.
?

Seriously though.. how can you construct.. in ORBIT?
You don't litterally construct in orbit, but you can ASSEMBLE ships in orbit. "Assemble" means that you design your build in separate modules, you send them to orbit one after another, and then you make them encounter and finally you make them join using docking ports.
Here is a visual explanation:
ezgif-1-593af2cdba (1).gif

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
You can either make your rocket normally, just standard launching a rocket directly after building it
I ve done it this way. It can spare some time which in other cases you will spent with after build assembly but your design must be way more effective

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
1691323530569.png

Changed instances of Achievements to Mission Log, in keeping with game terminology.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
With a shuttle, can I use half fairings?
And, can I bp edit heatshields to make them thinner?

Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
With a shuttle, can I use half fairings?
And, can I bp edit heatshields to make them thinner?

Bp editing/part clipping is fine, EXCEPT on the 700 tons to orbit challenge, where it is completely disallowed.
Engine stretching and "no engine heat" is ONLY allowed on the replica challenge, but not for the rest of the missions. And if you do stretch some engines, you must add the necessary ballast to compensate the advantage, and if you disable engine heat, it must be necessary (replicate engine clusters, minimum thrust, etc).

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023

Bp editing/part clipping is fine, EXCEPT on the 700 tons to orbit challenge, where it is completely disallowed.
Engine stretching and "no engine heat" is ONLY allowed on the replica challenge, but not for the rest of the missions. And if you do stretch some engines, you must add the necessary ballast to compensate the advantage, and if you disable engine heat, it must be necessary (replicate engine clusters, minimum thrust, etc).
Didn't necessarily help but ok.

ILovespace3

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I'm doing the Fly me to the moon challenge, and is it OL if I put an Ion engine on my payload? Here is a picture for reference:
Screenshot_20230913-062049.png

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I'm doing the Fly me to the moon challenge, and is it OL if I put an Ion engine on my payload? Here is a picture for reference:
View attachment 106895
If it's just the payload honestly we don't care, since you won't benefit from the efficiency of the ion engine for the challenge itself.