Actually Complete Solar System (ACSS) Development Thread - and list of ACSS bodies

Should i add fictional moons to Planet Nine?

• No, i'm fine with Planet Nine being un-landable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
As Bananas said for me in my absense yesterday, i'm now working on the centaurs/damocloids.
There are 14 of then, so it might take a while.

Also, winter break ends tomorrow, so ACSS deveploment may slow down by quite a bit, because of school.

Hey when I download your pack ( having game clean just basic planets, Mars, earth, etc ) the game dont work, I can build a rocket but when I press launch button the game just crashes, there's a way to fix that ? I installed the pack 3 times doing everything good...

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hey when I download your pack ( having game clean just basic planets, Mars, earth, etc ) the game dont work, I can build a rocket but when I press launch button the game just crashes, there's a way to fix that ? I installed the pack 3 times doing everything good...
That's because:
1. You installed everything at once
And 2. Your phone isnt powerful enough to handle all textures (30 MB of then)

The latter is because of the RAM of your phone - 1 GB can only handle 18 MB, while 2 GB can handle around 45 MB.
Just saying, but do not install everything at once!

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hidalgo, Pholus and Asbolus are done. Damocles will have to be skipped - with a SFS radius of 250 meters, its bound to have some problems.
10 TNOs left.

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
BOT - Hylonome, Elatus and Thereus are done.
Dioretsa had to be skipped, for the same reason as Damocles - except that its now 350 m instead of 250 m.
6 bodies left until ACSS 1.1 releases, with school on the way...

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Amycus, Echeclus and Crantor are done - all ACSS 1.1 bodies are finished!
ACSS 1.1 is ready for release!

Also, before you ask:
1564533142926.png

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Now that ACSS 1.1 is released, i will take a break from ACSS until SFS 1.5 releases. I now have school, and other things to do.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Ah, I figured as much. I thought it would be Apoapsis though.
It could work with apoapsis, but it's standard to work with periapsis when talking about orbital parameters. The reason for that is because hyperbolic trajectories have a periapsis but no apoapsis. Working with the periapsis allows to have formulas that work for all ballistic trajectories.

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
It could work with apoapsis, but it's standard to work with periapsis when talking about orbital parameters. The reason for that is because hyperbolic trajectories have a periapsis but no apoapsis. Working with the periapsis allows to have formulas that work for all ballistic trajectories.
Just saaying, but hyperbolic orbits have a negative SMA (Semi-Major Axis), making it tricky, if not impossible, to make a hyperbolic object, like Oumuamua, in SFS.

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
The reason for that is because hyperbolic trajectories have a periapsis but no apoapsis. Working with the periapsis allows to have formulas that work for all ballistic trajectories.
Ah, that didn't come to mind. Thanks!

I download in groups of 42 - I have a "launchpad in space", I download in groups of 20 - I have a "launchpad in space", I download in groups of 10 - I have a launchpad in space... I still didn't get those downloading instructions. I need to download planets in groups of 42 in the order from A to Z? Or in the right order, like Jupiter and all of his moons, Uranus and all of his moons, Saturn and all of his moons?

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I download in groups of 42 - I have a "launchpad in space", I download in groups of 20 - I have a "launchpad in space", I download in groups of 10 - I have a launchpad in space... I still didn't get those downloading instructions. I need to download planets in groups of 42 in the order from A to Z? Or in the right order, like Jupiter and all of his moons, Uranus and all of his moons, Saturn and all of his moons?
I had realised that it doesnt really work all the time - so here is a alternate method i came up:

- First, you put the planets and dwarf planets - then the moons, in groups - the inner solar system + Jupiter's moons first, then Saturn's moons, then Uranus's and Neptune's, then the dwarf planet moons
- Then you add the asteroid belt objects, listed in the readme file
- Then, you put the centaurs
- And then, you put the rest

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I plan on downloading this once I get my new phone.

Something is wrong with Manwe and its moon Thorondor. I have all planets installed already. When I have Manwe installed, I have normal launch. But when I install Thorondor, I have "launchpad in space".

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Something is wrong with Manwe and its moon Thorondor. I have all planets installed already. When I have Manwe installed, I have normal launch. But when I install Thorondor, I have "launchpad in space".
I think that's because i messed up Thorondor's set parent body.
In my game, Venus is missing planet texture
The fog that Venus has doesnt let planet textures that are applied to it to be visible.