Glitches and Exploits

Tony

Registered
Bugs can also be fun to exploit. To find solutions that no one had thought of. But also to exploit or divert functionalities. :p ;)

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Bugs can also be fun to exploit. To find solutions that no one had thought of. But also to exploit or divert functionalities. :p;)
I don't know, man. Spending 1 hour of launchpad assembly, stormed by constant game crashing just to put a Shuttle on the side of a booster, getting to Space after 3-4 more crashes during the ascent, only to find your entire mission is ruined because of a docking port that can't dock... Isn't funny at all, is more like an automatic ragequit.

Tony

Registered
I don't know, man. Spending 1 hour of launchpad assembly, stormed by constant game crashing just to put a Shuttle on the side of a booster, getting to Space after 3-4 more crashes during the ascent, only to find your entire mission is ruined because of a docking port that can't dock... Isn't funny at all, is more like an automatic ragequit.
I never said it was fun wasting your time researching and having to start all over again. Sincerely sorry for you. I have the same problem with being able to go back to edit mode. I meant exploit bug to find new non-exploit solution.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Have you tried saving and reloading? I've already had that bug, it could be solved that way then.

That solution works, but it's excessive to have to save and reload several times for something that should work right the first time. I made a single launch station that has at least eight dockings for the sections which means saving and loading each time.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Nah, docking ports were not working before for me, now it's better

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Yes, that works. But like Cjuwa said, Its annoying to assemble a space station having to save/load everytime you want to dock a Module.
Of course, it's still a bug. And it's annoying, but at least your mission isn't screwed.

If you find any glitches or exploits, share them here! This thread is partially to have fun with them and partially to point them out.
Anyone else suffer a total loss of fuel?
A number of missions have failed because a refuel rocket "zeros out " usually just before docking.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
It’s happened to me before. I think the RCS glitches out and drains all your fuel.
I've had it with ion engines too. But those seem to work like the RCS now (by draining fuel from all tanks, not only the one they are attached too), so maybe it's related...

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I've had it with ion engines too. But those seem to work like the RCS now (by draining fuel from all tanks, not only the one they are attached too), so maybe it's related...
Ion engines always did this.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Just had a strange bug happen to me. The game crashed which itself isn’t unusual, but when I went back into the game and hit resume game all of my craft had disappeared. Luckily I had made a quick save about five minutes prior so I didn’t lose anything in the long run, but it could have been bad.
3C346519-0683-4A2F-B326-3A7CC67958A5.png
This is what it looked like when I went back in. None of the buttons did anything.

Bananas

Mr. Nice Moderator
Registered
Just had a strange bug happen to me. The game crashed which itself isn’t unusual, but when I went back into the game and hit resume game all of my craft had disappeared. Luckily I had made a quick save about five minutes prior so I didn’t lose anything in the long run, but it could have been bad. View attachment 44314 This is what it looked like when I went back in. None of the buttons did anything.
Probably an issue with your phone, I don't know for sure though I haven't really experienced crashes.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Probably an issue with your phone, I don't know for sure though I haven't really experienced crashes.
I’m not really sure to be honest, it could be. It has never happened like this before. The game doesn’t crash too often, and most of the time I can figure out or predict what is gonna trigger it. Oh well, whatever it is it’s fine now so all good.

T

TtTOtW

I’m not really sure to be honest, it could be. It has never happened like this before. The game doesn’t crash too often, and most of the time I can figure out or predict what is gonna trigger it. Oh well, whatever it is it’s fine now so all good.
It seems to have been in the opening stages of autosaving so when it reloaded the persistant it registered, but there was nothing in it to register.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Uh?! I didn't know! However it's true that I rarely use them.
Yeah, it's cos they've never needed direct access to a fuel tank to work (like a normal engine), so they access all the fuel tanks

T

TtTOtW

Some say, he has never ever ever needed an Ion to stretch his range. And that he builds rockets, just so he can reduce the amount of fan mail he'd get buried in if he just shot of into the distance instantaneously. All we know is...

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Annoying! My space station is sabotaged because of this glitch:
Screenshot_20200825-101051.png Screenshot_20200825-101126.png Screenshot_20200825-101218.png Screenshot_20200825-101227.png
This is a fixed joint, I cannot separate them! Stupid joint, now I don't know how to fix my station. Beware of this!