Search results

1. Altaïr

Metallic textures

Here is my attempt at making better textures. A drawback of many texture packs is that the colors don't look natural, and the fact that they are matte makes them look quite flat. I tried to correct this: The rocket on the left is colored with a matte color, the rocket on the right is the one I...
  2. Altaïr

Delta-V calculator

Here is a simple, yet very useful mod, the ΔV calculator. This mod adds your ΔV stat to your flight information panel: How does it work? It simply calculates the ΔV available to your rocket based on all the engines that are currently turned on. Basically, it shows how much ΔV you would get...
  3. Altaïr

Altaïr's crazy stuff

I realized I never made a project thread myself, so here is one for my crazy usual stuff :p So here is one. I'll start with something simple and totally casual. I suppose that you remember that ship right? If you already tried that mighty Mercury mission from team Hawk you necessarily...
  4. Altaïr

Forum rules: Update

Dear members, After a review, the staff decided to update the rules. The objective was to make them simpler, and to integrate to them the rule about property rights that had its own separated thread until now. We did not make the rules stricter, nothing changes in practice. A noticeable point...
  5. Altaïr

ANAIS: Advanced NAvigation Innovative System

Here is ANAIS, the ultimate navigation tool :cool: This mod replaces the built-in navigation system with a more evolved and optimised one. The ideal mod to make encounters easier and navigate easily from planet to planet! What is that mod? When you select a target and click on "Navigate...
  6. Altaïr

Tetris mod

Hello, Have you ever dreamt of playing Tetris in the build grid of SFS? This is now possible thanks to this amazing mod! You can play normally using the left and right keys, and you can rotate parts either using Q and E, or using the rotate left and right buttons on the right of the screen...
  7. Altaïr

[BETA] ANAIS: Advanced NAvigation Innovative System

EDIT: That was the beta of ANAIS. Now the beta is over please check the official version if you wish to install it. Hello everyone, Let me present ANAIS, my new navigation tool :cool: When you target another ship or a planet, ANAIS is designed to find the best trajectory that leads to a...
  8. Altaïr

Destruction test!

Here is my latest fun game, the anti-satellite test! With the closest approach line mod it became stupidly easy to do. Until now I tested this with small objects, but now it's time test this feature with bigger stuff and make big explosions. For this first test, my target will be this beautiful...
  9. Altaïr

New modder title

Dear forumers, With the arrival of modding on SFS, we gradually got many mods, and countless new parts. Following the evolution of the game, we decided to create a new "modder" role. That role has already been awarded by Mooncrasher to all those who contributed to the mod database. The...
  10. Altaïr

Mods and installation: Questions and answers

Here is a thread to summarize everything you need to know to install mods. Don't hesitate to ask if your question is not answered. This thread will be regularly updated when the situation evolves or if new questions arise. That thread is intended for questions about modding in general. For...
  11. Altaïr

Mercury mission

Well, that's THE one I definitely had to do! So I'll start from LEO, as required: I'm even a tiny bit lower than the starting altitude. When we go to Mercury, the first step is to go to Venus as usual: The injection burn is made on 2 passes to maximize the Oberth effect. Then on Venus...
  12. Altaïr

Atlas challenge

Here is an easy one to change with. Here are the payload, and the full rocket: The flight itself: It's already over. That one is boring... ... Nevermind, I'll also do it in IRIS! Without the build grid limitation of course because it's technically impossible, but at least so that I get...
  13. Altaïr

Reusable "rocket"

Well, I didn't think I would start with this challenge. Especially since reentry update made it harder. As usual I'll try this in IRIS, to increase the difficulty. The difficulty here is to make a stage that can reenter without burning. For this purpose, I've worked closely with ARCAspace to...
  14. Altaïr

Mars mission (IRIS)

Here comes the last mission I need to get team Frontier, the Mars mission. And as I will do it with IRIS, this will be a great trip, this will need several flights. The first step will be to send a small space station around Mars, that will stay in Low Mars Orbit and will mainly serve as a fuel...
  15. Altaïr

Closest approach line

Here is the mod that brings back the mythic approach line that was in SFS prior to version 1.5. How to install it? Please go to releases, and download the latest version of the ClosestApproachLine.dll file, then copy it into Spaceflight Simulator Game/Mods. The mod will then be available...
  16. Altaïr

Gliding heat shields

Here is the Gliding heat shields mod made compatible with the official mod loader. How to install it? Please go to releases, and download the latest version of the GlidingHeatShields.dll file, then copy it into Spaceflight Simulator Game/Mods. The mod will then be available ingame. To easily...
  17. Altaïr

Closest approach line

Edit: This mod is only compatible with the old mod loader and as is it won't be maintained anymore. Please check this thread to download the version compatible with the official mod loader. ------------------------------------‐-------------------- Here is the first version of my mod that...
  18. Altaïr

Gliding heat shields

Edit: This mod is only compatible with the old mod loader and as is it won't be maintained anymore. Please check this thread to download the version compatible with the official mod loader. ------------------------------------‐-------------------- Hi everyone! Here is my first mod for SFS...
  19. Altaïr

Complete space station

After a few requests I've decided to make available the space station I designed for my team Frontier entry: The station has originally been designed in a single blueprint, this is what I make available: Though it's presented in a single piece, it can be split in small modules to be...
  20. Altaïr

The Obsidian

Let me present the Obsidian: The Obsidian is a heavy lifter originally designed for IRIS, but that also works for SFS in realistic mode. It can easily send 100 tons and more in Low Earth Orbit. Its high capacity and its large cargo hold make it very suitable to send complex and heavy modules...
  21. Altaïr

Space station entry

Well, I never did this one, so let's do it! For more fun I'll build the space station in IRIS. I already have designed it (thanks for the infinite build area cheat!), I'll send it and assemble it in several modules as required. Modules are generally quite heavy, so I'll need a powerful...
  22. Altaïr

Voyager quest challenge rebalanced

Dear forumers, It's now been a few months that we added this new challenge to team Frontier. However, despite the fact that people liked this challenge, it appeared to be very difficult, especially for team Frontier. That's why we took the decision to rebalance the challenge. The probe to send...
  23. Altaïr

Voyager quest: tutorial

Dear rocketeers, If you are here, it's probably that you're attempting to get team Frontier, and for this you need to terminate the mighty Voyager quest. Maybe you already tried it and saw it was harder than it looked at first. The purpose of this thread is to give some hints about how to...
  24. Altaïr

Voyager quest entry

Well, I never posted my entry, so here is it! I recreated the probe, but due to the new version, the capsule design is slightly different, as the probe doesn't include the heat shield now. It means that there is no auto-generated separator between the capsule and the tank: However, the mass...
  25. Altaïr

Air is lava!

Now that reentry is out, going, and above all returning from Mars or Venus is a new challenge, as the atmosphere can now burn your return ship to death. While working on a design I am testing on Earth, I thought... Why not making a challenge of it? So here it is! The challenge for you is to...